Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The plate that holds the license plate lights to the hatchback body has rusted out. The lights are fine but now hang by the wires. They were held up there by a screw which is still in place. Does anyone know what they are called or the part number? They are metal (hence the rust) but plastic seems to be more suitable in that area. I've looked online and all I can find are the lights but not the rectangular plate.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Versa S (manual transmission)
226 Posts
I did some digging (in my manuals) and did come across one mention of something called a "License Plate Pawl". I'm not really sure if that is what you are looking for, though.

If it were my car, I might visit a junkyard that had a wrecked Versa hatchback and remove the parts I needed. You may have to paint the parts to match your car. Pull the color code for your car and (usually) you can get a small spray can of matching color for around $10 - $12.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The rust has disintegrated the piece so I don't know exactly what it looks like. The piece might be held up there from a screw. From online sources, the light holders snap fairly tightly onto the piece which might be why it is originally made out of metal. I think making a rectangle out of plastic and cutting the two openings would be better since it wouldn't rust. It would be nice to know what the part number is. Then I can assess the cost of a new one vs making one; whether that screw is really the fastener holding it in place; and how thick the plastic might have to be.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The plate that holds the license plate lights to the hatchback body has rusted out. The lights are fine but now hang by the wires. They were held up there by a screw which is still in place. Does anyone know what they are called or the part number? They are metal (hence the rust) but plastic seems to be more suitable in that area. I've looked online and all I can find are the lights but not the rectangular plate.
Mine just disintegrated too. It's a hard search but appears to be called: license lamp bracket. For 2 lamps. Did you find an answer, is it something else? I found one on ebay for 40 bucks but plan on calling the dealership because I'm not certain it's the right one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts