Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2011 Versa SL Hatchback last week. I will be performing my own oil changes. I've yet to explore the underbelly - if I had, maybe I might not be asking his question.

Is there is good/safe lift point for a floorjack at the front end? Or, am I relegated to lifting from the side with a scissor-type jack?

One more question: I've always been one to disable the ignition system, to enable cranking the engine for 10-15 seconds before starting the engine. I never did like that second or two sound coming from the engine before oil pressure built up. If this can be easily done, would someone please describe the location and appearance of the disconnect point?

Thanks ~ james

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
those are awesome video's they did over there. Damn wish I had though of doing that.

Reactions: jrsavoie

·
Registered
45 Posts
I bought a 2011 Versa SL Hatchback last week. I will be performing my own oil changes. I've yet to explore the underbelly - if I had, maybe I might not be asking his question.

Is there is good/safe lift point for a floorjack at the front end? Or, am I relegated to lifting from the side with a scissor-type jack?

One more question: I've always been one to disable the ignition system, to enable cranking the engine for 10-15 seconds before starting the engine. I never did like that second or two sound coming from the engine before oil pressure built up. If this can be easily done, would someone please describe the location and appearance of the disconnect point?

Thanks ~ james
Get a floor jack and not use the zigzag jack they suck compare to harbor frieght floor jack and get two stands just incase floor jack screw up. I got my finger chop off for using sigzag jack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.