Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup Left headlight is out, it only works on high.

I checked the owners manual and it says contact your nissan dealer for help and that it can be removed without removing the headlight and it uses a HB2 60/55

it is dark right now, I was lucky a police officer didn't see me driving with just one headlight.

How do I remove the headlight?

Also, should I get the replacement from the dealer,
if so how much? 100.00 bucks? it would not surprise me haha :smilielol5: J/K!!!!

what would you guys recomend?

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
I'm not sure about the bulb size but no need to remove the headlight. It's a tight fit but you should be able to get the bulbs out without removing the headlights, as for the bulbs, I'd try a local auto parts.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Bulb size is: 9003/HB2

·
Registered
377 Posts
Haha, my left just went out as well...which sucks because I just got back from my parents house (Christmas) where I had a spare OEM lying around from when I installed my silverstars...but I will be back for New Years and I don't think I need to drive anywhere at night between then and now. Thinking I am going to order HID conversion.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha, my left just went out as well...which sucks because I just got back from my parents house (Christmas) where I had a spare OEM lying around from when I installed my silverstars...but I will be back for New Years and I don't think I need to drive anywhere at night between then and now. Thinking I am going to order HID conversion.
Kool,
we both went out of town for Christmas
we both have a head light out
and its on the left! :thumb2:

:biggrinjester:

I think I'm happy with the OEM light bulbs,and because I drive at night a lot I went ahead and replaced both light bulbs today

had to:
I. First I popped the hood and located the headlight bulb and wire connection
II. then I removed the light bulb connector plug by carefully pulling against the light bulb until it came out.
III. then I had to remove a black round rubber piece cover off the headlight assembly. It comes off easier by carefully pulling a small tab and then worked the way out around the edges of the headlight assembly.
IV. then I had to disconnect 2 cable brackets that holds the light bulb in place, you can just push one in and pull the wire bracket out by going around the light bulb
V. then turn that wire bracket around away from the light bulb
VI. then took a close look at the light bulb to see how to install the new one back on. easy way to remember was the ground wire side goes up ^ and the negative < and > positive go left and right.

I put more grease on the light bulb connector. Took me about 10 minutes. To do each side. The key was to take my time and make sure not to touch the light bulb glass.

So easy, even a cave man can do it! :thumb2:

The new light bulbs I bought looked exactly what was from the factory. I paid 20.99, I think…. at autozone,

Walmart might have them cheaper but autozone let me have the grease for free haha

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Glad you got it fixed. I learned how to do it when I wrecked my V and got new headlights. I got clear parking light bulbs as well.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I've done the headlights before because I replaced the OEM with silverstar ultras. Almost bought HIDs but decided it wasn't worth it and ordered another set of silverstars. Should be there soon. Anyway, been driving with lights on because it's kind of icky out during the day, but I just keep the high beams on (no big deal during the day) because I don't want to get pulled over and have my time wasted by a cop warning me a headlight is out.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
We had a recall on the DRLs here ... Had mine changed at the dealer. Not even sure what it was that they recalled ...

Keep us posted on how you replace it.
we both replied around the same time

had to:
I. First I popped the hood and located the headlight bulb and wire connection
II. then I removed the light bulb connector plug by carefully pulling against the light bulb until it came out.
III. then I had to remove a black round rubber piece cover off the headlight assembly. It comes off easier by carefully pulling a small tab and then worked the way out around the edges of the headlight assembly.
IV. then I had to disconnect 2 cable brackets that holds the light bulb in place, you can just push one in and pull the wire bracket out by going around the light bulb
V. then turn that wire bracket around away from the light bulb
VI. then took a close look at the light bulb to see how to install the new one back on. easy way to remember was the ground wire side goes up ^ and the negative < and > positive go left and right.

I put more grease on the light bulb connector. Took me about 10 minutes. To do each side. The key was to take my time and make sure not to touch the light bulb glass.

So easy, even a cave man can do it! :thumb2:

The new light bulbs I bought looked exactly what was from the factory. I paid 20.99, I think…. at autozone,

Walmart might have them cheaper but autozone let me have the grease for free haha
Edit:

I got sylvania silverstart 9003 HB2 H4 Wattage 60/50W as stated on the owners manual Page 8-27

I have a backup light bulb
they are standard performance and they do look more clear than the old ones, I guess is because they're brand new

and this

We'll see how long they last

·
Registered
3 Posts
My suggestion?

GET RID OF THE CAR. . .it seems to have been designed with maximum inconvenience for an end user to change a headlight in a Nissan Versa. . especially on an 2011 model. After spending 3 hours and being unable to release one side of the retention clip for the bulb, I am unable to do it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.