Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend mentioned something to me about this but he wasn't sure if there was an option to do this on the versa.
is there a way that when i turn my brights on i can leave the regular headlights on also instead of the low beams turning off when the high beams go on?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Do you have the FSM? What you need to do is use the relays to give power to the low beams when the high beams are switched on. Use the FSM to find the two relays for the high and low in the LT section. Bridge the pin that gives current to the highbeam bulbs to the pin that gives current to the lowbeam relay. I am sorry I cant give you more detail, I havent even had access to the versa for a week so I dont have the specific pins.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah I meant factory service manual. Usually cars don't come with these. You can find them using google though. I just realized its going to be a bit more complicated than what I said before. If you do what I said earlier your highbeams will always stay on. To do this you are going to have to have an extremely basic understanding of wiring and another 4 pin relay. If you want to try to figure it out before I get the chance to I will help you out a little more. Look at this picture as you read

http://www.reuk.co.uk/OtherImages/4-pin-automotive-relay.jpg

First disconnect your battery.
Find your low beam and high beam relays using the FSM. You need to wire up your new relay like this

Pin 85 and 86 of your highbeam relay and pin 85 and 86 of the new relay need to be run in parallel
Pin 30 and 87 of your lowbeam relay and pin 30 and 87 of the new relay need to be run in parallel

You will have to cut and probably extend a few wires for this. make sure you cover up all the bare metal you expose with electric tape. The good thing about this mod is it will all be done UNDER the factory relay box, where all the wires are, so anyone that looks in the box will not see it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Only people with the Halo Projectors do this mod. Stock headlights have one bulb and the halos have two.
Eventually I might do a How-To on this but not for a while probably, since I wont be doing it to my versa.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have HID's in my spec-v. Low and High. I know they say that HID's dont get immediate lit when you switch them on, so its a bad idea to switch back to them in the night. From my experience this is not true. They are not 100% output right away, that takes like five seconds, but they are lit enough to see the road perfectly. And even if you HID wasnt all the way bright, it comes close to a Halogen bulb. IMO dont worry about it.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i notice with my hid's that at first they take probably 45 seconds to get all the way bright and thats it. when i go from high beam to low beam i have no problem with having to wait for them to heat up again.
i'm just not for the idea of having them turn off incase it ruins thems =/

·
Registered
927 Posts
okie double post lol
I havent fully adjusted mine im still trying to figure out some stuff with the adjusting screws. heres a comparison of tangos HID vs my PIAA Xtreme white plus(H7/H1) BTW my driver side is still low so it may look like i have a dark spots well i do but its because of the adjustment.

Here mine

here is my High Beam

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.