1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok sooo im thinking about maybe putting blue neons underneath my car
=D
haha boredom and extra= crazy ideas...

but also i forget who it was but someone has a versa hatchback exactly like mine and they got a blue light in the back in place of the stock liscense plate light, they jsut put a bulb in it i was wondering who that was and what bulb they bough to do that..

·
Registered
620 Posts
I have Orange underglow under my Versa.

It's pretty expensive and if you ever plan on driving with them you will get screwed. Neons are WAY too bright (distraction to drivers) and blue is imitating a cop.. just to let you know in advanced. I used to have Blue neons under my Scion xB till I got in trouble for them.

If you wanna see pics of the Orange just let me know.

·
Registered
444 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
ok sooo im thinking about maybe putting blue neons underneath my car
=D
haha boredom and extra= crazy ideas...

but also i forget who it was but someone has a versa hatchback exactly like mine and they got a blue light in the back in place of the stock liscense plate light, they jsut put a bulb in it i was wondering who that was and what bulb they bough to do that..
You mean like this?

I got the LED's from Halo.....made in Japan and the same company that makes the Fog's Yellow Bulbs on the versaspeed site. I can get them if you'd like...I'm also picking up the same color for the interior dome and map lights. But there all over the web also....just do a google search.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
ive used teh Ijdmtoy ones aswell. versaspeed is getting some lights coming in soon for interior and license plate LEDs from HALO. id wait for those :)

·
Tribal V
620 Posts
had to take the blue of the fog light cuz of cops lol but u could pay 199 and get the 7 color under glow from street glow and u can mix a color with blue and they cant say nothing to you cuz its not blue so yeah me and sarah are thinking about getting a set i was told its plug and play really easy to do

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
VersaMG08

Will the LEDs draw the right amout of current to prevent the rapid blinker flash (indicating a burned light)¿
They draw a low amount of current. The ones I have in the dome lights are barely drawing anything when I leave it on 'door' mode. You can barely see the LED lit, but I think it's because of the dimming feature for that cause. Usually just keep it off.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thank you. I understand they draw low current, but most vehicles turn signal relays require a current draw to the amount an incandescent bulb would use. When a turn bulb is burnt out the turn relay will flash the turn signal at 2000 Hz rate instead of the normal 1000 Hz rate. Some high end LEDs sets are equipped with internal resistance to fool the turn relay. Do you know if the ones you recommended are the good ones? Has anyone tested them?

·
Registered
444 Posts
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.