Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Versa, and the exhaust has came apart somehow. My dad said that it appears to have been a bad weld and the nipple came out of the muffler. I don't know anything about cars and just moved to Texas from Indiana to be close to my husband who is in the Army. So, I called the closest Nissan dealership and asked their service department about it. The guy hasn't even seen my car and he's like, "Oh, it probably rusted out. You know it is going to cost more to use Nissan parts and everything right?" So, I asked about the warranty and he still insists that it rusted out in which case the warranty wouldn't cover it. Anyone have any suggestions? When I called a parts store they said the only place you can get an exhaust/muffler/whatever for it is from the dealership. :bash:

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Well if the exhaust needs to be replace and the OEM will cost you a pretty penny than you might as well go with aftermarket DC exhaust but that's only if you're into performance cause it will be considerably louder than the regular exhaust. Otherwise search online, i'm sure the dealer is not the only place you can buy an OEM exhaust for the Versa.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
The rust issue looks like this

but that's different from a muffler weld failing. Myself, I don't go to the dealer for anything. Get opinion from a couple muffler shops. If ya wanna keep the car for more than two years, get a stainless steel muffler, for a few bucks more. Hope this helps. Search NVF for more on this subject:Dand welcome! 08v

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.