Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my Nissan Versa 2014 I noticed today I have a front passenger side tire rim where a two inch section on the lip of the rim is slightly bent in. I am not sure how it happened. I am thinking possibly a pothole caused it. The hub cap was dented in some in same spot. Also on rear passenger side wheel hub cap slightly dented in same area but no dented rim. Is the slight bent on the edge of the rim a cause of concern or just a cosmetic issue? No tire leaking yet. Still baffled how it occurred, as no dent or scratches at all on body of the car, just wheel effected. In the worse case scenario, how much to replace a wheel rim? I can get two new hub caps myself, but rim would need to have shop do that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just got back from Discount Tire. I'm hearing humming so I thought it may be a bad tire. They found one of my rims bent, right on the lip. Said it was from hitting a pothole and they bent it back. I had no loss of air the entire time it was bent. Your's sounds a little worse than mine, though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts