Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After over 6 years I'm finally upgrading the stock stereo on my '08 SL. It has the convenience package with the Bluetooth buttons on the steering wheel. I bought an Axxess steering wheel control interface, and it mentions having to change some wiring in the connector that leads to the "Bluetooth module" in the trunk if I want to use the Bluetooth buttons (which I do). Only problem is, I have a hatch and I don't want to go ripping out all the trim if I don't have to.

Anyone know the specific location of this module?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, after finding and digging through the service manual it appears the module is behind the large passenger side trim piece in the hatch. All I need to do is unplug the connector and apply some jumper wires to a couple of the sockets.

According to the manual, you have to take the rear seats out to get the trim panel off. I'd really rather not go to all that trouble unless I have to. I know there are a few people who have taken the panel off for various reasons. Is it possible to access get to the connector through one of the small access panels, or pry it up enough to fish the cable out without damaging the panel? It's a 32-pin connector so I'm sure it's a pretty fat cable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts