Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I've a 2008 Tiida and the key fob door lock function just stopped working today.
It's not the battery in the fob as we have two and both stopped working.

The internal power door lock is working so the problem isn't mechanical either. The power lock does not work when I use the key to lock the doors manually, this only locks the driver's door. This has not worked since I bought the car 3 year ago and I think it might have been deactivated.

Does anyone have any idea of what it might be?
Or know of a way to activate the power lock manually to lock the car from the outside?
Cause as of the moment I have no way of locking the car....
Thanks for any help

·
Registered
235 Posts
I know it's strange but the batteries in the key fobs were put in at the same time and yours are old enough to both be dead. I'd replace one of the batteries and see what it does.

As to locking the car:
Can't you lock the car doors by pressing the lock button on the drivers door just after you open it to get out, then unlock it with the key "in the door" when you get back in?

There are re-programming instructions in other posts:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a similar problem a looooooong time ago.
I would have to do a websearch to remember but my foggy memory seems to recall something like holding down both buttons on the remote for 5-10 seconds.
I think you have to be sitting in the car with the doors closed while doing that.
I my be wrong but couldn't hurt to try...

Found a link, not sure if this will work for you but sound very similar to what I did:

5 Steps to Program Nissan Key Fob
1. Open the door to your Nissan vehicle and sit down in the driver’s seat. Press the button on the driver’s side panel located near the window to lock all of the doors.

2. This next part might seem a bit silly, but insert and fully remove your key from the ignition six times within a matter of 10 seconds. (Timing does matter.)

—Don’t worry if you don’t get it to work on the first try; but to know that it was successful, the exterior lights of the vehicle will flash, as will the interior ones twice.

3. After you have successfully completed the second step, once again, place the key in the ignition, but this time you’ll be able to turn it to “Accessories Mode.”

4. Take your key fob and press any single button on it once. (Only press it once or else programming the fob won’t work correctly.)

—If done correctly, the hazard lights will flash once, letting you know that the fob is in the process of being programmed.

5. If everything has gone smoothly up until this point, remove the key from the ignition. Unlock the doors on the side panel and open the driver’s door. Shut the door, and test out your key fob.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts