Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the stock hub caps with chrome trim rings and to my surprise I have chrome lug nuts and lock nuts on each wheel. These are steelies on a sedan S with a 5 speed. Is there a big market for 15 inch steel rims I am unaware of? :surprise

·
Registered
21 Posts
I replaced the stock hub caps with chrome trim rings and to my surprise I have chrome lug nuts and lock nuts on each wheel. These are steelies on a sedan S with a 5 speed. Is there a big market for 15 inch steel rims I am unaware of? :surprise
No, it's a ridiculous $200 up-sell. I just got my 2017 S and they had them on there - told them to take them off. I never checked if they were off the car or not.

·
Registered
256 Posts
No, it's a ridiculous $200 up-sell. I just got my 2017 S and they had them on there - told them to take them off. I never checked if they were off the car or not.
You better check before you have a flat. When I was buying my 2017 Versa S they added them at the price $140. I asked to get them off and remove that charge. The salesperson called and said they did not yet put them on, and removed the charge. A week later I pull off wheel covers for something else, and secure lug nuts were on and the wheel lock key was not included. So I had to call them and bring car back to put normal lug nuts on. I was really pissed, what if I had a flat on the side of the road.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You better check before you have a flat. When I was buying my 2017 Versa S they added them at the price $140. I asked to get them off and remove that charge. The salesperson called and said they did not yet put them on, and removed the charge. A week later I pull off wheel covers for something else, and secure lug nuts were on and the wheel lock key was not included. So I had to call them and bring car back to put normal lug nuts on. I was really pissed, what if I had a flat on the side of the road.
Yeah I thought of that as I was posting last night and since my roof was just replaced on the house I really need to check them. I know I don't have the socket for them.

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found the socket in the rear door pocket, but assumed someone left it there when they got the car ready for me to pick it up.

Speaking of roof, anyone else have those black strips pop off in the car wash and whip around? :surprise

·
Registered
17 Posts
Speaking of roof, anyone else have those black strips pop off in the car wash and whip around? :surprise
I actually had the one on the driver's side come loose driving on the highway in my 2004 Toyota Matrix.

Luckily I was able to reach through the window and hold it in place till I could stop.

I also had the adhesive on one of those plastic shields that install above the windows come loose. That took a bit longer to track down.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
petert
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing