Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the second time this has happened, I unlock my car open the back door toss my purse (keys included) into the front seat while I load my son into his car seat and by the time I shut the back door and try to open the front door everything is locked.... Can anyone tell me why this is happening? It seems to happen arbitrarily because this has been my process for the whole year my son has been riding in this car. If there's anyway to make it stop that would be great. After the first time it happened I've been trying to force the habit of keeping my keys on me until I get the front door open but I forgot and tossed them upfront. Both times my son has been locked in the car thankfully on cool days so he was never in danger.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Any chance tossing the purse causes the button to be accidentally depressed locking the doors. You can always have a plain all metal key cut and hide it somewhere under the car to let you unlock the door. The plain key (about $4) will not allow the engine to run but at least it lets you inside the car to retrieve the normal chipped key. If you are wearing a coat or jacket you could keep the all metal key there.

Frank 2009 Versa S sedan MT-6 with 78K miles

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any chance tossing the purse causes the button to be accidentally depressed locking the doors. You can always have a plain all metal key cut and hide it somewhere under the car to let you unlock the door. The plain key (about $4) will not allow the engine to run but at least it lets you inside the car to retrieve the normal chipped key. If you are wearing a coat or jacket you could keep the all metal key there.

Frank 2009 Versa S sedan MT-6 with 78K miles
No I don't think so, last time it happened my keys weren't in my purse I tossed them into the front seat on top of my bag. But getting a key made is my plan, one to hide on the car and one to give to my husband.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Crysramos
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing