Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sixteen year old daughter got her G1 driver's license today, congrats girl! Proud of you!
Wow there have been a few changes to the laws since i wrote mine in 1985 lol
Mom says can't drive her Alty, so it's the Versa for seat time:driving:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Ahhhhh scary! (JUST KIDDING!) Congrats 08v Junior!

Makes me think of when I first got my G1... the day I turned 16... this summer it will be 9 years... dang I am getting old :(

Maybe its not a bad thing that she learn to drive on your V. I firmly believe that people who learn to drive in a manual transmission vehicle are better drivers. Why? Because it makes you more in tune with the vehicle, and more involved in the driving process, as in you are concentrating on it more. As a result I think we get better drivers.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Congrats to your daughter! Getting the G1 was definitely an exciting day! My dad took me driving in the family minivan right after I got mine! :)

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She's driven it a couple times so far, doing better. Lots of room to practice here too:)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Nice! I hear ya about lots of room! I actually started driving when I was 13 or 14, but just on backroads around here lol. So when I turned 16 and got my G1, I drove home from the mto office and drove pretty much everywhere after that!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Sorry, but whats a g1 license? I'm guessing this is a Canadian thing? Idk what it is..

·
Registered
613 Posts
lol oh my G1 back when I was 16, it took me forever to be able to actually get to drive on my own cause my dad wouldn't let me use his work van, being as it was his "work van" lol and my brother wouldn't let me use his Acura either -_- so glad I have my V all to myself :)

congrats to your daughter tho! its another milestone in her life as she grows up!

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Drove up and down our country back road for half an hour today. She was mostly in third gear and did very well. Learned to reverse today too! Congrats!
Wife says she's clear to drive Mommy's Altima now lol

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Nice! I went for a hike at Beamer Falls yesterday and thought I saw your car in the parking lot, but then upon closer inspection it did not have the exhaust tip.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts