Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, new to this forum. my wife just purchased a 2015 note SV and i am looking for fog lights since she has mentioned that the headlamps seem a little dim for her. i know the topic has been discussed but i haven't read anything recent...
also has anyone installed or considered led fog lamps for the car.. thanks...

·
Registered
527 Posts
Here's a tread on my experience installing an OEM fog light set on my 2014 SV. I think it's still the same for the 2015 SV.

OEM fog light performance is a bit marginal however every little bit helps. Others have suggested getting the LED version which are apparently available on eBay. I'm a bit skeptical when it comes to LEDs as you never know what you're going to get until you have it working in front of you.

Anyway, here you go and let me know if you have any questions.

Oh one more thing you get as a bonus when you install this kit is the variable time interval intermittent wiper control.

http://www.nissanversaforums.com/ex...ctory-accessory-fog-light-kit-their-note.html

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Here's a tread on my experience installing an OEM fog light set on my 2014 SV. I think it's still the same for the 2015 SV.

OEM fog light performance is a bit marginal however every little bit helps. Others have suggested getting the LED version which are apparently available on eBay. I'm a bit skeptical when it comes to LEDs as you never know what you're going to get until you have it working in front of you.

Anyway, here you go and let me know if you have any questions.

Oh one more thing you get as a bonus when you install this kit is the variable time interval intermittent wiper control.

thanks for the very helpful reply

·
Registered
43 Posts
Halogen Replace 18W High Power 6 OSRAM LED Fog Light Lamps for Nissan Infiniti | eBay

I did a kit myself meaning you will have to add a wiring harness and relay if you have a base model like mine which is not pre-wired for Fogs. Also you will have to buy the OEM fog light brackets. Probably cost me about $150 and some change to do it my route. I also added a yellow film to glass to protect the lenses and look more visible in bad weather. The led are pretty bright, mines are rate at 3,200k but you can also get the 6000K which would be even brighter if you want better visibility. My route is better for the Base model guy but if you want a complete kit, your better off with the OEM because you get the wiper stalk. I can actually drive with just the fogs on at night if I wanted too because the Leds are great.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Halogen Replace 18W High Power 6 OSRAM LED Fog Light Lamps for Nissan Infiniti | eBay

I did a kit myself meaning you will have to add a wiring harness and relay if you have a base model like mine which is not pre-wired for Fogs. Also you will have to buy the OEM fog light brackets. Probably cost me about $150 and some change to do it my route. I also added a yellow film to glass to protect the lenses and look more visible in bad weather. The led are pretty bright, mines are rate at 3,200k but you can also get the 6000K which would be even brighter if you want better visibility. My route is better for the Base model guy but if you want a complete kit, your better off with the OEM because you get the wiper stalk. I can actually drive with just the fogs on at night if I wanted too because the Leds are great.
thanks for the info, i wonder if the led fogs can be connected to the pre existing wiring in the SV note?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.