Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!
I have a 2010 S, I'd the factory radio just has am/fm and CD. I'd like to add an aux input. I've been looking at things like the iSimple tranzit, which is an fm modulator that interrupts the antenna signal. That's a cheap one, and I worry about it's reliability, for about the same price as the more expensive modulators I could probably replace the whole head unit with one that has an aux in. So my question is, has any one tried these hardwired FM modulators? How well do they work?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
My sedan(base model) didnt have a factory headunit so going aftermarket was my best option. I got a Pioneer headunit with AUX and MP3...came up to $100 installed. :)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Welcome Nate!

·
Registered
238 Posts
If you want reliability then getting a new headunit is the way to go. You can get cheap single din units for around $70 and you can install it yourself very easily to avoid an install charge.

·
Registered
613 Posts
If you want reliability then getting a new headunit is the way to go. You can get cheap single din units for around $70 and you can install it yourself very easily to avoid an install charge.
agreed! I got mine on sale at Future Shop in Canada for just over $80 bucks which I got an AUX port and the ability to play MP3/WMA which is like a basic deck.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Or look on ebay for the factory headunit with aux. it could be had for like 70-150 sometimes you can get the 6 cd as a bonus to. from what i understand it should just plug in to the existing harness.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Or look on ebay for the factory headunit with aux. it could be had for like 70-150 sometimes you can get the 6 cd as a bonus to. from what i understand it should just plug in to the existing harness.
I'm still looking, I cannot find a simple Versa CD player with the MP3 input, not the SL, just S radio with MP3 input under 50.00 dollars, maybe i need to look a lil more harder :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
89 Posts
haha yea im still trying to decide what to do whether i get a factory radio with 6 cd changer and aux, just a factory single disc with aux, factory touch screen with navi, or an aftermarket touch screen because i want to run 2 amps, some subs in a fiberglass enclosure without loosing to much trunk space so like 8inch or 10inch, and 4 new speakers powered off the second amp.

·
Registered
238 Posts
haha yea im still trying to decide what to do whether i get a factory radio with 6 cd changer and aux, just a factory single disc with aux, factory touch screen with navi, or an aftermarket touch screen because i want to run 2 amps, some subs in a fiberglass enclosure without loosing to much trunk space so like 8inch or 10inch, and 4 new speakers powered off the second amp.
If your serious about upgrading the AM headunits are by far above the OEM ones. Even the tech package OEM ones pales in comparison to some AM ones around the same price. I can highly recommend the Pioneer 3300 series all-in-one headunit. It's what I have :)

·
Registered
238 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
This should give you all the info you need.
Pioneer AVH-P3300BT DVD receiver at Crutchfield.com

It has been updated too since I bought mine.

Here is the new one: Pioneer AVH-P3400BH DVD receiver at Crutchfield.com

I'd personally would just find a used 3300 on ebay or something it would be all you need and save you $100+
it looks great only thing im worried about is that someone breaks into my car for it. thats why im still debating wether to do a system or not :/

·
Registered
238 Posts
it looks great only thing im worried about is that someone breaks into my car for it. thats why im still debating wether to do a system or not :/
I wouldn't worry about it, you could get a car alarm if you want but it seems thief's mostly want to steal wheels now lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Would anyone be willing to post pics? Thinking of doing this too. Got a transmitter for $20 from TjMaxx and it works 75% of the time. Plugs into outlet and has a base out have to put the phone in. My wife calls it "the monster." Think its iHome.

UPDATE: found this post here

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I from Costa Rica.

About this conversation...

I want to connect my cell phone or Ipod

So, I can not to put a cable or something like that to my radio?

My radio just has cd player and AM/FM.

Note: Sorry for my english, I don´t speak english, just spanish.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.