Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im considering buying a 2013 versa 1.6s base with a manual trans to be my daily driver. I want it to be as basic as possible. Ive already talked to a few dealers, and am going to look at one tuesday.

Ive done some searching, but havent seen alot of info on peoples average mpgs for the 13 versa. Anyone want to chime in?

Thanks for any replies!
Tony

·
Registered
216 Posts
My imperial is 38.8mpg and I hardly drive on the freeway, this thing is great on gas in my opinion it only costs about 30$ to fill up and I'll do it about every week and a half to 2 weeks. (I have a 2012 1.6S manual)

·
Registered
216 Posts
You should get above that then, my max was 39.5 when I drove on the freeway more often. I have a sedan, if you were looking to get a hatch I would wait to get the 2014 Versa Note (coming in a couple months), it has the exact same engine as the sedans and gets better mpg than the older hatches.

·
Registered
236 Posts
You should get above that then, my max was 39.5 when I drove on the freeway more often. I have a sedan, if you were looking to get a hatch I would wait to get the 2014 Versa Note (coming in a couple months), it has the exact same engine as the sedans and gets better mpg than the older hatches.
Yes, if you have the time to wait until June 2013, I believe the Note HB 1.6 with CVT 2014 will be offered.Nissan has changed out the HB from 1.8 to 1.6, taken 250 pounds out of the car, reduced the gas tank to 10.3 US Gal. 6" shorter in length, same platform, more cargo room, some sort of camera feature from what I remember from the article that Rob posted.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I want the sedan, and its got to have manual trans. If I could buy it with manual steering and no ac I'd do it. I want something as simple as possible. I'm pretty sure this is one of the last cars to have manual windows. If I need luxury or speed ill take my Gti out or my v8 s10 lol. This car will be used for work, and vacations. Only thing I plan to do with it is install an aftermarket head unit and a 2 way component set.

·
Registered
216 Posts
You're going to have a nice trio of cars haha
Ya the 1.6S manual is definitely the car for you, you're going to be surprised how much room it has in it when you get inside and look in the trunk, making those vacation trips way more comfortable.

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I have a 2010 1.6 sedan(base model) and I don't really keep up with MPGs but I usually spend $35 and go 8-10 days between fill ups so its pretty good. I've had it since 2010 and I can tell you it's grown on me. I've added a few things to it...I love it. My brother just got a 2013 S sedan in white and doesn't have many plans neither. It's a good car. S models don't have rear speakers so I'd look into adding a set(or get quality speakers all around). V8 S10? Sounds interesting. Can we get more details on it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I've never looked at one, but the pictures seem to make it look very roomy. I'm sure it's no power house? I drove an 87 nova for years, auto and manual and that car was a dog. I'm sure this will be better than that?

Any downsides to the car? Common problems?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey there,

I Got a 2013 White Versa S last week, traded in a Rx-8 that I am already dearly missing. (not missing the MPGs it got though!)

Anyway,

In the week so far that I've had it I can say:

great gas mileage (30-38) range all day

getting over 300 miles per tank, and costs about 35 dollars to fill er up with pricey california gas. (the Rx-8 took nearly double to fill, and lasted way less...that I don't miss)

Very soft ride.

Seats are pretty comfy

The 2 speaker sound system isn't actually as bad as I thought it would be... and hey it's got AUX in!

Those are pros and as a daily driver it meets my needs.

Keep in mind as it is a base model, you get next to nothing in features.

The seats don't even have quality fabric on them... they are more akin to seat covers slipped over the bare foam. Durability may be a problem in the long run.

Interior noise levels are pretty good, I just mostly notice a bit of wind noise from the Side mirrors.

The 5 speed transmission is actually not bad... I really enjoy rowing the gears.

Please note that the really narrow tires make this car REALLY twitchy in windy situations (I say this as it's been really windy for the past 6 days down here)

Thats all I can think of for now on my first week with the car.

·
Registered
216 Posts
From when I got my car around 10/2011 until now these have been the only issues I've had.

1. Hair sticks to your seats EXTREMELY easy so if you have animals you may wanna put some towels down to keep tons of hair from sticking to them.
2. At high winds you can feel the car being pushed very easy, from what everyone has found out is that it is due to the height of the car, but as long as you don't drive in a hurricane you should be fine haha
3. The panels are really thin and flimsy (easy to ding)

Honestly that's about it, Nissan really did a good job on making this car super cheap and still be enjoyable.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
That will be great if I got that kind of mileage. I have a 60 mile round trip to work, 55mph speed limit, and its flat. Is yours a hatch?
55mph+flat=awesome mpgs! :cornut: You might even get 40 USmpg on average. So where is it flat in WV? :lol:
Glad you have the GTI for cornering joy! Welcome TonyO and Crapdragoon!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the info guys! That's the stuff I wanted to hear. I don't have high expectations, a 10k car won't have it all. I worked at a body shop for 7 years through high school and college, I wrenched on all these compact and mid sized cars so I'm familiar with the cheapie interior panels.

I've driven alot of small cars like this so I'm used to squirley handling in high winds. I think I know the material on the seats, and I really dislike it. I have pets, but that's not a deal breaker for the car though. Got approved for nissans financing, I'm just trying to get apical dealer to match a price from a dealer in va I've been talking to.

I'm on the Ohio river so its pretty flat to work. If I don't want to drive my Gti then ill take the wife's golf R out. Lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I decided on a car from the dealership in va. A white s, manual trans. Local dealers couldn't touch the price, I guess there selling it for alot less than what they paid for it. Out the door was 10845. Seems like a good price to me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well the dealer was misleading, 10845 was not out the door price. Went to a local dealer and ordered a 13 versa s. Should be here Thursday. Looking forward to taking it for a spin!

There was a 12 1.8 hatch not too far from me, but mpgs is more important.

Honestly, Im not a fan of the styling, kind think the car is ugly. BUT, the interior space is great, and the trunk is huge for a car this size.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.