Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Resurrecting this thread for some fresh eyes. I'm planning on painting my car soon so I want to have the body in as good shape as possible before I start.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
After the first time removing my front bumper, I've never been able to get it locked in place properly in the front. Any suggestions?
What Josh said, how are the sides? You may have some side clips broken, I've had that happen to me before. I would personally remove the grill and front bumper, check the issues, and then re-mount to see how the fitment goes. Mount and check, mount and check..also once your bumper is removed, you can then see if any clips or anything is broken..good luck

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll have to remove all that soon to install new projectors anyway, so we will see how it goes. If the clips are broken, I hope I can find a way to make it work. The sides seem to fit nice the way they are supposed to.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I've found my problem. In order to install my billet grille I had to cut away the center section that holds the bumper up. This is the section that normally would connect to the area near the hood release latch for support. Also, I'm missing a few nuts/bolts on the bottom of the bumper as well, so there isn't much keeping it from sliding down. I'll replace the nuts/bolts today before I reinstall my headlights (fresh repaint, see my headlight tint thread) and hopefully that will help a little. Before I removed the headlights I checked the little slots at the bottom where they are supposed to grab the bumper and give it some support. Everything lined up correctly but there just didn't seem to be much of a grip there.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Like Josh said before, there is a place where the bumper slides into under the headlights. That should get rid of the clearance issue from your first post. I hope you get it all square away!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Like Josh said before, there is a place where the bumper slides into under the headlights. That should get rid of the clearance issue from your first post. I hope you get it all square away!
My bottom headlight clips are just not up to the task. I'm almost certain the missing support at the very front of the bumper is allowing it to sag down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts