Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
any of you have experience this, not rattle, but rather like a lose gravel, or nut at the front of the horizontal vent facing the windshield?
As I go over the bumps or just uneven road on the highways, hitting it, I keep hearing this lose sound over the area. Ive look everywhere, around the vents, nothing were lose. I even felt tape the part of the dash that meet the windshield...still heaving that sound.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just a suggestion: go to a parts store and look for a telescoping rod with a magnet on the tip. Use it to run alongside the dash and into the vents at the base of the windshield. Without taking apart the entire dash, your options are limited, but you may be able to shake something loose.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Has the radio been replaced?
Sometimes when the center cover gets removed improperly, the tabs in front get broken, or the cover gets cracked.
Could have also been reinstalled improperly too.
Outside of that or the glove box, it will require tearing out quite a bit of the dash to find it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey OP- you asked for some help b/c this rattling was "driving me crazy" and judging from the responses, you've had some good suggestions. Why not respond to some of the questions (checked the glovebox or had a new stereo installed?), so we can help you narrow down the possibilities?

If you haven't changed the cabin air filter, now might be a good time to do it after you check the glovebox.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts