Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a used 2012 Versa SV 1.6 Sedan for my daughter. Of course, a few days after we got home, I noticed a few things in the engine bay that I didn't when looking it over on the lot. So, I have a few questions for you all. The first 2 questions are numbered in the still image, and the 3rd question goes with the video.

1. The tabs on the front air housing cap are broken, so it will not stay on tightly. Anyone have fix suggestions besides finding a replacement? And does this affect the air flow much?
2. Is the snorkel supposed to just end right there in front of the alternator, or am I missing a piece that continues on and connects somewhere else to suck in air further from the engine heat?
3. Should the snorkel be loose like I demonstrate in the video? It's loose both at the connecting point close to the alternator, and at the connecting point with the cleaner housing assembly.

I appreciate any help!!
Ryan

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yes, I've found the rubber attachment points to allow for a lot of movement as you've found.

To me, it looks like yours is missing some air intake plumbing parts. Google "Versa 1.6s engine pics" and you'll see what I mean. There should be flexible rubber portion of hose and some other stuff, unless the 2012 is different.

I'll have to look at my 2015 Versa 1.6s when my kids bring it home from school to see how the air intake plumbing goes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts