Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a problem I can't figure out with my 2008 Versa S HB and I hope you guys can help.

What's happening?
- Turning the key to "Accessories", the usual lights turn on in the dials, the radio and power windows are working fine.
- Turning the key to start the car, I do not hear the starter motor and all the electronics turn off.
- At that point, using the power windows or power locks results in six or seven faint clicking sounds coming from somewhere behind the glove box.

How I got through so far:
- Once I checked the battery voltage (9V, which I believe is low). I did not touch any wiring or anything. About 10 minutes after the problem showed up I tried to start and it started just fine. :confused5:
- Another time, I used a booster pack and that worked fine too.

So there I am, wondering if I need to change my battery or if there is a more important problem with the car's electronics.

I am planning to take the battery out first and clean the connectors before putting it back in. Plan B is to get a new battery. After that, the car goes to the garage.

Do you people think I'm on the right path? Do you have other suggestions on what I should do next?

·
Registered
143 Posts
We recently had a car with weird electrical problems. The battery tested fine at an auto store. However, a friend mechanic of ours said it actually is a bad battery and replace it. We went to Walmart and got a new battery. Installed it and all our strange problems went away. Lights were turning on and off on their own, etc. which made the car appear possessed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went at Costco to get a new battery and when I got back to install it, I noticed it wouldn't fit. The Costco battery guide said I needed a size 35 battery. However, it is a bit too big and lack the mounting feet featured on the original battery.

So do I need to get a battery directly from a Nissan Dealership or do you guys know where I could find one at a lower price?

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
just bring your old battery in with you and match it up. You do not need to buy a nissan battery. An aftermarket one might not be 100% match but there will be one that works.

edit: a quick google search shows that the 51r is a match for an 08V. I also see mention of a group size 90 as well but the 51R comes up all over the place. But people even with that battery have run into the same issue you have. Here is a guy on nico http://forums.nicoclub.com/versa-battery-mounting-what-t535197.html. the last post is a guy who actually replaced his.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.