Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone =] I'm Amy, I'm 18 and from the Los Angeles area. Found this group when I joined a Versa Facebook group and someone messaged me and invited me to join. I have a 2009 Versa SL hatchback (named Oliver after Oliver Reed, hehe) in metallic blue with the beige interior. As far as extras, if I remember correctly all that's added is the metal grille, convenience package, and upgraded sound system with the 6-disc changer. I got it Memorial Day weekend as a graduation present and I just love driving it! Fantastic upgrade from my '92 Pathfinder that feels like the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland when you drive it, haha. Keeping the Pathfinder around for beach trips and such but never end up driving it because the Versa is just too fun!

Only problem I've had is that it seems to have trouble starting up on occasion. Sometimes it starts up no problem, but other times it's just stubborn. I don't know if this is just because of the whole keyless deal or what but it can get annoying. I also wondered if Nissan can install the deal to control the iPod through the stereo after market without changing out the whole stereo.

Sorry about the novel haha, it's 4:40 AM and I had to entertain myself somehow!

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Welcome to Nissan Versa Forums Amy, please enjoy your stay! If you have any questions, our fellow adminstrators and moderators will answer your questions to the best of our knowledge.

What are your plans for the Versa? Are you going to modify it? Please post us some pictures of your ride!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hi Amy, welcome from thousands of miles away :p

Stubborn on start? You mean it doesn't tick over or sometimes the anti-theft kicks in? If so, mine does that randomly too and i need to lock the car, unlock it and try again. :S

·
Registered
14 Posts
Only problem I've had is that it seems to have trouble starting up on occasion. Sometimes it starts up no problem, but other times it's just stubborn. I don't know if this is just because of the whole keyless deal or what but it can get annoying.
Welcome to the board! I'm having the same problem! I plan on taking mine to Nissan soon. Mine is an 09, but I bought it used back in June. It was doing that a month ago and then it stopped. Now its back again.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The problem you are having is an issue with the fuel pressure regulator and it need to be replaced. There is an open bulletin on this hard start problem with the Versa's.

The pressure regulator is allowing the fuel pressure to return to 0 psi when the versa is turned off when it should be holding pressure to allow you start the car with no hesitation on the next start up.

This is a common problem with 07-09 Versa's, this is covered under warranty and take a few hours to fix.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The problem you are having is an issue with the fuel pressure regulator and it need to be replaced. There is an open bulletin on this hard start problem with the Versa's.

The pressure regulator is allowing the fuel pressure to return to 0 psi when the versa is turned off when it should be holding pressure to allow you start the car with no hesitation on the next start up.

This is a common problem with 07-09 Versa's, this is covered under warranty and take a few hours to fix.
Thanks for the info. My brakes are also squealing at times. Need them to check that out too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the welcomes, everyone! Let's see if I can respond to everything...

As of yet, I don't really have plans for modifying it or anything like that, but we'll see in the future. As far as location goes, I'm from Whittier (how exciting). And thanks so much for the info on the fuel pressure regulator! Glad to know it should be an easy fix. Need to take my car in anyway because one of the lights on the door panel switches stopped working. And I will definitely post some pictures once I give Oliver a bath and a waxing. Right now he's pretty disgusting, been too busy to take care of him =[

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
oh i know who you are, you emailed me a while back for the socalversaclub, sorry i didnt get back to you, i erased email on my phone and deleted from not only my phone but also in my gmail inbox online... glad to see you found this place, if you get a chance email me some pics of your car and we will get them posted on the socal site...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hi everyone =] I'm Amy, I'm 18 and from the Los Angeles area.

Hey Amy, you're not alone! I'm also 18 and got my Versa for graduation this year. Except I'm from down south in LA, not Los Angeles haha. That's cool though, I absolutely love my Versa too! It's a great car to have, especially while in college and when you need a cute hatchback to get around town. Good luck with it!:biggrin5:

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Hi everyone =] I'm Amy, I'm 18 and from the Los Angeles area.

Hey Amy, you're not alone! I'm also 18 and got my Versa for graduation this year. Except I'm from down south in LA, not Los Angeles haha. That's cool though, I absolutely love my Versa too! It's a great car to have, especially while in college and when you need a cute hatchback to get around town. Good luck with it!:biggrin5:
WOW!
Talk about a sweet grad present!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.