Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to change out my 35W 6000K HID (low beam only) because one of my ballasts went out. so i put in my stock halogen bulbs and when i turned them on only the high beam would work... anyone have any clues as to why this is happening? i was thinking this might go on for a few days, i will report back with my findings...

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
possibly just the bulb burnt out. Try using a known good bulb or use your bulbs in someone else ride. If not then maybe you have some wiring issues.

Goodluck and let us know what it turns out to be.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Is that with one side? Did you try both your stock bulbs? Did you switch the bulb to the passenger/driver side and see if its the same results? Or are you referring to both sides?

·
Banned
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the bulbs i replaced the HID's with were the same exact bulbs i removed from my headlights prior to installation of the HID kit, i am going to pick up a new ballast tomorrow, so when i install my low beam only HID kit it should go back to normal, but i should check another set of bulbs... and to answer the other question, neither of the bulbs turns on when switched to low beam...

·
Registered
224 Posts
been away from the forums for quite awhile but i am finally back with a new computer to but no new mods on the Versa.
start by checking fuses. and any wiring modifications you had to do to install the ballast

·
Registered
294 Posts
have you checked the fuses that go to the headlights for the low beam? Same thing happened to me, but i checked my fuses and my low beams fuses were burnt.
You have checked the ones that are under the hood right?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts