Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me why my 2017 Versa SV has lower gas mileage after dealer changed CVT fluid.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Like said, could be fuel source related, or could be the dealer did some type of transmission or power-train re-learn after the CVT fluid change? Might take 3 or more tanks of fuel to settle out. Good for you on doing a CVT fluid change. How many miles on the car? What prompted you to have a spill and fill done on it?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I agree winter blend gas could be a contributor but 5mpg seems drastic. Might want to check to make sure your tires are still inflated properly, check for a dragging brake and if you happen to CEL get the codes read to make sure that's not a contributor. It's not uncommon for my mileage to vary 2-3mpg from tank to tank and most of my driving from tank to tank stays the same. Lots of things can influence gas mileage such as wet roads vs. dry roads or a tail wind vs. head or crosswinds. I'd give it a few tanks and see if it gets any better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like said, could be fuel source related, or could be the dealer did some type of transmission or power-train re-learn after the CVT fluid change? Might take 3 or more tanks of fuel to settle out. Good for you on doing a CVT fluid change. How many miles on the car? What prompted you to have a spill and fill done on it?
I had fluid changed at 60000 per the owner manual. MPG up 37 today it might take a couple tanks before it back to where it was before fluid change.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree winter blend gas could be a contributor but 5mpg seems drastic. Might want to check to make sure your tires are still inflated properly, check for a dragging brake and if you happen to CEL get the codes read to make sure that's not a contributor. It's not uncommon for my mileage to vary 2-3mpg from tank to tank and most of my driving from tank to tank stays the same. Lots of things can influence gas mileage such as wet roads vs. dry roads or a tail wind vs. head or crosswinds. I'd give it a few tanks and see if it gets any better.
Not sure when gas station change over to winter blend here in the dirty south. Tires are good, no CEL, brake are fine. I'm up to 37 mpg today like you said might take couple tanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
They can start selling winter blend as early Sept.15. If that's the blend that's being made now that's probably what your buying.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts