Nissan Versa Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
BC's are installed. I'm still working out the ride height I want. A 3.5" drop front and rear makes the car appear to have reverse rake, even though the rear has more ground clearance than the front. I think this is due to how high the fenders are cut up front. I may actually have to take a couple locking collars out of the front to get it down low enough.
I have a few more big things in the works for the N17 as well.

Here are some teaser shots.

That's how mine sits now as well, and never really thought of the front fenders being up to high and making the car not look low enough. Gonna probably do the same and remove one or two locking collars. Good luck!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
It does come with camber plates right?
No, you would need to modify your upper strut mount to install a camber plate. I seriously hate the top mount design on this car. It's awful. I may investigate modifying the strut tower to accept Cube or Juke camber plates at some point.

I will likely be using one camber bolt on each side to dial it in. I didn't need them with the stock wheels though, there is plenty of clearance for the bicycle tires. :wink

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
That's how mine sits now as well, and never really thought of the front fenders being up to high and making the car not look low enough. Gonna probably do the same and remove one or two locking collars. Good luck!
Grizz, have you had to deal with any clunking in the rear? I'm going to raise my rear up a few threads tomorrow because I think I'm maxing out the travel of the rear torsion beam.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Grizz, have you had to deal with any clunking in the rear? I'm going to raise my rear up a few threads tomorrow because I think I'm maxing out the travel of the rear torsion beam.
i really haven't heard anything out of the ordinary. other than my rear feels really stiff going over any speed bumps at my work, kinda shakes my whole car. unless that's what you're referring to. lol

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
i really haven't heard anything out of the ordinary. other than my rear feels really stiff going over any speed bumps at my work, kinda shakes my whole car. unless that's what you're referring to. lol
Nah, I've got a pretty loud clunk coming from somewhere in the rear. Still rides great, and I can't feel the noise, just hear it. I'm convinced I'm just too low (if there is such a thing.) I pulled the wheels off on my lunch break yesterday to check for loose bolts or signs that something was rubbing, but it all looked good. I'm making some adjustments tomorrow night and will report back if I find anything worth noting.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Nah, I've got a pretty loud clunk coming from somewhere in the rear. Still rides great, and I can't feel the noise, just hear it. I'm convinced I'm just too low (if there is such a thing.) I pulled the wheels off on my lunch break yesterday to check for loose bolts or signs that something was rubbing, but it all looked good. I'm making some adjustments tomorrow night and will report back if I find anything worth noting.
Yeah. I never heard anything from the rear. I'm probably not that low compared to you. But let us know what it is. Should record it :0

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I found and eliminated the problem this weekend. I had my rear shocks set way too short, and there was almost no downward travel in the suspension. I added about an inch to the overall length of the rear shocks and all is well.
By the way - These BC coilovers really ride like a dream. I'm about 10 levels down from full hard in the back, and 15 levels down from full hard up front.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

·
Registered
6 Posts
Very Nice

I have the same car as you and have been wanting to lower it for a long time. What are your plan on getting new rims? I love how low your car is now but the stock wheels make me sad.

Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
3 Posts
How's it going OP? Is this as low as the extreme low setting goes? I want to absolutely dump my n17 and run insane static fitment, and I was curious if the BC extreme lows are the gonna be the one to do that for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got my Versa last week. Loving the manual tranny. Been years since I have driven with a stick. I am having a hell of a time finding a way to get this thing lower though. I am not looking even for what you got going on, but with stock everything, the heigth is the first thing that needs to be addressed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know its been a while, but is your approach still what you would do? Or has someone released a lowering kit in the US yet?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread, just wanted to let everyone know.
@dude baker sold his Versa two and a half years ago. I bought his J2 cat back exhaust he was selling on OfferUp, but he no longer participates in the Versa scene.

For those of you who wish to continue on the discussion about BC BR coils for the 2G sedan, here is still a great place to do so! But keep in mind that OP is no longer with us

Sent from my uleFone Armor_3T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's right, less than 1k miles and I've already modified my suspension. I purchased a set of used (barely) 2014 sedan springs to modify. I ended up cutting about two full coils out of the front for roughly 2" of drop, and one coil out of the rear for about 1.75" of drop. With a full tank of gas, it sits like this.

Now I know some of you will flame me for running cut springs, but honestly, the stock springs and struts on this car have way more height and travel than they need. The ride and handling are actually improved now, in my opinion, and the car feels much more planted on the road. Highway driving is much easier with the lowered ride height, cornering is better, and the struts/shocks do not bottom out. Until there are coilovers more readily available in the USA, this will have to do.

In the process of modifying my suspension, I also discovered that 1st gen (c11) rear springs can be modified to fit the N17 sedan. I had a spare set of Megan springs I used to experiment with. Cutting the bottom dead coil out of the spring will allow it to fit in the rear perch of the N17. The top coil is the same as the stock spring, and it does not need to be modified.
While the ride and handling were perfectly fine, the drop was just a touch too low (about 2.25") and I ended up with reverse rake. Here's a picture of the Megan spring I modified to fit my car, installed.

Unfortunately the front springs on the C11 have a much larger diameter, and they cannot be modified to fit the N17. I don't think you can transfer struts from the C11 either. The space in the fender well only allows for a very narrow spring and strut.

If anybody has any suspension questions about the second gen sedan, let me know. I have been under my car measuring, researching, and test fitting, so I have a pretty good handle on what's going on under there!
Hey guys I just bought a 2018 Nissan versa sedan, looks pretty much identical to your 2015, but anywhere I look up parts they end at 2017, so I'm wondering if I have the same suspension setup or not and cannot find anything for my specific vehicle. It is definitely needing to be lowered 1.5"-2"

21 - 40 of 41 Posts