Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got no response in the lowering springs thread so i decided to make my own.
I'm driving an 07 s hatchback riding on aftermarket 15's. I'm planning on getting lowering springs since i'm going to be replacing the shocks and struts pretty soon. Living in michigan, the roads are pretty decent in some areas and horrible in others. I was wondering, of the lowering springs on the market, which one would be forgiving enough to tolerate and improve my handling as well. Also any recommendations one might have on install or what springs are the "best" would be great. All input will be appreciated, thanks!
P.S. Getting a sub installed is probably my next project so if certain springs are better or worse for that added weight in the back I would like to keep note of that.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I am jumping on this bandwagon too, I got a lot of equipment in my hatch as well, and wondering if there is a recommended suspension. Is the nismo worth it? or would lowering springs work with my stock setup which has about 50k miles on it

·
Registered
321 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
I personally don't have any on mine. just stock. so I have no suggestions lol

·
Administrator
5,024 Posts
"best" is based solely on opinion. Most people have the Tanabes. I have heard of a few guys running the Megan springs too. I bought the Tein S Tech springs. I am very happy with them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How is the ride and drop with the tein's?
From what I'm hearing, besides the megan's the feel of a lot of springs on the market don't seem very different besides the amount of drop which is still pretty similar.
Also, would you consider autoplicity.com a reliable place to order?

·
Administrator
5,024 Posts
How is the ride and drop with the tein's?
From what I'm hearing, besides the megan's the feel of a lot of springs on the market don't seem very different besides the amount of drop which is still pretty similar.
Also, would you consider autoplicity.com a reliable place to order?
Here are some pictures mine is the black one-

http://www.nissanversaforums.com/garage/5466-my-versa-i-3myhr16.html

The drop is definitely noticeable. Im very pleased with my Tein springs. I ordered mine from ebay for $200 shipped. Which is the cheapest I've seen them.

·
Administrator
5,024 Posts
I found them for around 175 here: TEIN SKP58-AUB00 Springs - STech
would you go for it?
sorry for all the questions, but based on what you've heard, do you think the tanabe's or tein's have more of an aggressive drop?
Tanabe springs are Front/rear 1.4/-1.5

Tein springs are Front/rear 1.7/-1.5

So the Tein's are slighter lower.

·
Administrator
5,024 Posts
Only issues I ran into was removing the cowl so I did not. I got around removing it by using a swivel on the driver side and popping off the little cover on the passenger side cowl and using a 1/4in ratchet for that side. The rest is easy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.