Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still having troube on deciding on lowering springs for my 09. Just wanted to hear some reviews of your springs and how they are doing. I've looked at Tein, Tanabe, Eibach and H&R. I've had S-Techs on a 04 wrx and liked how they handled. I've also had eibach springs on my 02 spec-v and liked those as well. So let me hear what you have to say about each and post a pic up if you want as well. Maybe we could get this started as an official Lowering springs thread?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i think almost 90% of the people on here have the tanabe springs including myself. I love mine, ive had them for 50k miles now and no probs at all. im not sure about the tein springs, superskunk may know more about those. But i say tanabe *thumbs up*

·
Registered
53 Posts
When you switch out your springs to lowering ones do you need to change anything else? or can you just use the same struts and whatever else is down there (I'm very uneducated when it comes to this mechanical mumbo jumbo)

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am a fan of changing both.. The OEM struts are a designed for a certain range of motion. Lowering springs.... any brand.... will change this range of motion.

I Always recommended changing both. Will just springs work... sure.... BUT, you will have a degraded ride. The OEM struts are tooo soft anyway.

Also... most of the springs are almost the same, No real magic here. Just pick your ride height you wish and go from there. I use Eibach in the Versa, they seem fine.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Im on Tanabes, great springs. Just take it slow and easy on dips, bumps, slopes and all that jazz. I went kinda fast on a few and scratched the bottom of the front bumper a while back. Some roads in CO are a nightmare, which is what must be watched out for.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Alright thanks guys. I was just asking because this mechanic always comes into canadian tire and he told me i had to change the struts too with aftermarket springs. Does anyone know a good set of struts and how much they would set a guy back. And by guy.. i mean poor canadian.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
There is a wide range of struts, primarily adjustable and non-adjustable. Tokico, KYB, Koni and popular manufacturers. A set would be in the ballpark of $400-$800, adjustable struts being worth more. I dunno any import performance shops in Alberta, but im sure they would be able to help you and give ya more info on them.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I think I am one of the few people who have Megan Racing Lowering Springs. I got them because they offered the biggest drop.

I haven't had any issues with them, have had them for about 30k-35k miles or so. I think they are cheaper too..

·
Registered
53 Posts
The roads in Medicine Hat tend to sink. So in reality.. it is a bad plan for me to lower my car.. But It would look sooo much better.. and i mean if i'm careful the only place i really wouldnt be able to go anymore is the mcdonalds drive thru. And there's nothing wrong with cutting down on that haha.

·
Registered
613 Posts
i have the tannabes springs, havent had any issues. hopefully i'll be getting coilovers and get a better drop and also be able to raise my v when winter hits

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
how does a lowered V handle the winteR?
I haven't had any issues with it getting stuck in the snow for that matter. What's a concern is the tread depth and the type of tires you're using in the snow/ice. Just don't drive it into deep snow or drifts, have a light foot on the gas and you should be fine. Keep a portable snow shovel at hand if you're not confident.

·
Registered
444 Posts
how does a lowered V handle the winteR?
I had to find drifts of more the 10 inches before I became I a plow. Otherwise this car is like a snowmobile, unstoppable.

Yes, I'm lowered.

·
Registered
202 Posts
You guys run a CAI? guess that wouldn't matter snow or not.

and do you guys leave your rims on through the winter? if i move north im imagining using my steelies for winter and keeping my 17's for the summer.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
I take my rims off around early October, we start to get snow around late part of that month and put them back on around mid April. Once I take my rims off, they won't go back on since I'm going to sell them next year.

I'm not running any CAI, but if you are, suggest you getting a by-pass valve just in case.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Rims off for the winter, stock Conti's back on. People complain but I think they are a decent all around tire and got me thru a snowy and very icy at times winter.

No CAI installed, so no experience.

·
Registered
193 Posts
anyone here with tein springs mind posting few pics?

i notice almost everyone has tanabe but they seem to have the back of the car dipped especially if u have subs

megan seem to take u the lowest but also have the same effect.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.