Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My luggage compartment light does not turn on when I open my hatchback on my 2009 Nissan Versa SL Hatchback. The filament is intact.
I looked all around the rim of the hatch and saw no mechanical switch, so I'm guessing it would probably be a mercury switch located in the door itself?
I'm hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction. If you have a wiring diagram or an idea please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Switch is likely part of the latch assembly like so many are now. I've had to shim up my light bulb assembly when the contacts backed off to not work, they wouldn't make contact to complete the circuit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Switch is likely part of the latch assembly like so many are now. I've had to shim up my light bulb assembly when the contacts backed off to not work, they wouldn't make contact to complete the circuit.
I downloaded the Official 2009 Repair manuals from here: https://diyservicemanuals.com/nissan-versa-service-repair-manuals/
They are split up by section, so It's kinda hard to do a search for what you are looking for.
Would the latch assembly appear on one of these? I'll start digging around in them as well.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Try section BL

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
The diagrams are there but Nissan breaks them up into a million pieces, one has to have the unique ability to put things from 4-5 places in those sections into a concise picture in his head, not the easiest thing to do.

I have no trouble with it at all but others have pure fits.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Section LT and page LT-92, go down to the subsection where it says 'when the back door (hatchback) is opened...' and read that. The latch operates a ground there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Section LT and page LT-92, go down to the subsection where it says 'when the back door (hatchback) is opened...' and read that. The latch operates a ground there.
Yeah.. now i just need find the physical manifestation of that switch.. I'm going to try to remove the back cover of the trunk latch and see if there is something there.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yeah.. now i just need find the physical manifestation of that switch.. I'm going to try to remove the back cover of the trunk latch and see if there is something there.
When you take that panel off, use a panel removal tool, and go slowly. Those panels are very fragile and do break very easily.
I still have a piece of one rattling around in my hatch. I'll get it out one of these days.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
The harness wire that goes to latch or back door switch is orange for the light and connects internally to a black wire coming back out, the black then screws down as a ground somewhere. Picced circuit on LT-97.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts