Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I'm new here, BEAR with me.

I am stuck and can not find anything on the internet to answer my question.

I have a 2017 sedan versa. I'm looking to replace the clutch because mine blew out. First off I want to know will any 1.6l motor from any year have the same trans? Will the clutches be the same?

I was looking and saw a cheaper clutch kit online for a 2015 versa. I want to know if it will fit my 2017? I don't wanna pay 300 plus for a kit unnecessarily.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I know a clutch is a wear item but surly Nissan will at least help on a replacement on a 17'. Seems like it has to have been a flaw in the original part.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know a clutch is a wear item but surly Nissan will at least help on a replacement on a 17'. Seems like it has to have been a flaw in the original part.
They said that they only cover the clutch for 20k miles and mine has 35+k miles so that's Shit outta luck for me. I try to stay away from the dealership because they overcharge by over double. Hell they want 200 just to inspect the car.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I doubt it - both about a help from Nissan and a flaw in the parts. I read about people being able to burn a good clutch in the course of just a few hours.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I doubt it - both about a help from Nissan and a flaw in the parts. I read about people being able to burn a good clutch in the course of just a few hours.
That's very true. Especially with those people who have no clue how to drive a Manny, and ride that clutch like a horsey. So there's that. And all I think the dealership would do is try to convince me to use their service and how only "genuine parts" only work blaah blaah. That's why I turned to the forums. For people who have experience with this situation

1 - 6 of 6 Posts