Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I'm new here, BEAR with me.

I am stuck and can not find anything on the internet to answer my question.

I have a 2017 sedan versa. I'm looking to replace the clutch because mine blew out. First off I want to know will any 1.6l motor from any year have the same trans? Will the clutches be the same?

I was looking and saw a cheaper clutch kit online for a 2015 versa. I want to know if it will fit my 2017? I don't wanna pay 300 plus for a kit unnecessarily.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I know a clutch is a wear item but surly Nissan will at least help on a replacement on a 17'. Seems like it has to have been a flaw in the original part.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know a clutch is a wear item but surly Nissan will at least help on a replacement on a 17'. Seems like it has to have been a flaw in the original part.
They said that they only cover the clutch for 20k miles and mine has 35+k miles so that's Shit outta luck for me. I try to stay away from the dealership because they overcharge by over double. Hell they want 200 just to inspect the car.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I doubt it - both about a help from Nissan and a flaw in the parts. I read about people being able to burn a good clutch in the course of just a few hours.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I doubt it - both about a help from Nissan and a flaw in the parts. I read about people being able to burn a good clutch in the course of just a few hours.
That's very true. Especially with those people who have no clue how to drive a Manny, and ride that clutch like a horsey. So there's that. And all I think the dealership would do is try to convince me to use their service and how only "genuine parts" only work blaah blaah. That's why I turned to the forums. For people who have experience with this situation

·
Registered
9 Posts
J
That's very true. Especially with those people who have no clue how to drive a Manny, and ride that clutch like a horsey. So there's that. And all I think the dealership would do is try to convince me to use their service and how only "genuine parts" only work blaah blaah. That's why I turned to the forums. For people who have experience with this situation
ust curious.. how many miles do you have on your 2017 Versa?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Interesting I have a 2014 Versa with 115k on the oe clutch and I’ve beat the piss out of it and it grabs fine I’ve launched the car ect ect still grabs fine these little shit boxes don’t make near enough power to burn a clutch lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts