Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if my old wheels I had on my 240sx would fit on my Versa without any problems. I got these wheels originally off a mid 90's Maxima. I have searched and only found one post about how the fronts may rub because of the offsets. I have heard this could possibly be fixed with a small slip on spacer. Any info and pics would be appreciated.

Here are the wheels in question.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I'll have to give it a try when I get a chance. It's hard to find spare time right now as I'm in the middle of a move and just started a new job about a month ago. I'll clean them up soon and maybe give them a try. I wonder if a 3mm or 5mm spacer will do. Hmmm

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Im running 240 rims with no mods at all I just put them on

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So after a few weeks I finally got the chance to drive down to my parents house and get the wheels down from the attic. I cleaned them up a little and mocked them up.

Stock Steelies

Type X Mock up

Overall I like the look. I will be ordering my spacers and lugnuts this weekend. As soon as they come in I'll go over to Discount Tire get the tires and sensors swapped over.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I like them they look good

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
it looks like he has them just sitting next to the car not on the car

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In the picture they are just sitting next to the car. The current tires on them arent any good. I'll be swapping the stock continentals onto the new wheels for now. I will be getting some new tires shortly after because I am not happy with the current ones at all.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I finally got rid of the stock continentals on the factory steelies. The problem is that discount tire won't put the g20 wheels on the car since the fronts require a spacer. They said it was "unsafe". Trying to decide on what to do now.

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Did you get new tires for the wheels? I'd go home and install them myself if I were you. I hear alot of shops wont do it because if anything goes wrong its on them. Makes sence.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I finally got rid of the stock continentals on the factory steelies. The problem is that discount tire won't put the g20 wheels on the car since the fronts require a spacer. They said it was "unsafe". Trying to decide on what to do now.
Just measure what size spacer you need and go to a machine shop and have them make them for you. I paid a buddy cash to make me some once when I had my Jetta.

Failing that, go to a performance place if you have one around you and if they don't stock them they can tell you where to find them.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did you get new tires for the wheels? I'd go home and install them myself if I were you. I hear alot of shops wont do it because if anything goes wrong its on them. Makes sence.
No, the tires went on the stock steelies. I had a flat out one day so I stopped at discount tire and ditched all four of the continentals.

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Ah, that makes since. What tires did you get? I had the same tires on my SLs and wanted something new and different size so I got Firestone 205-60-15s. Not the greatest but they're pretty good. I've only had one nail and I have insurance on the tires so they fixed it free. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Really good looking ! Clean. Post pics when you'll get this done !

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.