Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Versa Note SV
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just completed a steering wheel swap on my 2016 Versa Note SV. I swapped it with a leather steering wheel from a 2017 Maxima. It was very simple to do and I was able to get some good deals on eBay. All lights and buttons work, including audio and phone, except cruise control. I have to take a closer look at why it isn't working but I am not too worried about it as of now. The Maxima steering wheel looks and feels much nicer and more premium than the standard Versa one. I got the inspiration to do this swap from a discussion from users @Terry1996 and @NismoAlmera.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice- how is the spacing between your fingers on the wheel and the control stalks? I'd also be concerned about the deployment pattern of the airbag from a different model.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Possible reasons why cruise isn't working:
1) ACSD wires are in wrong place, or reversed
2) The Maxima switches read at a different voltage/resistance than the Versa
Get the Service Manuals from NICO club to compare the switch wiring etc. It will be in the ECM section.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice- how is the spacing between your fingers on the wheel and the control stalks? I'd also be concerned about the deployment pattern of the airbag from a different model.
Hi, the spacing is just about the same as the original. I sense no difference. I also didn't think about the deployment pattern, hopefully it isn't an issue when deployed. Thank you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Possible reasons why cruise isn't working:
1) ACSD wires are in wrong place, or reversed
2) The Maxima switches read at a different voltage/resistance than the Versa
Get the Service Manuals from NICO club to compare the switch wiring etc. It will be in the ECM section.
Thank you greatly!!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Thank you greatly!!
When I put a Altima wheel on my 09, I had to rewire the switch connector.
One of the radio switches doen't work either, as it has a different resistance/voltage from the Versa.

Reactions: BokiSmoki
1 - 6 of 6 Posts