Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I have installed some Megan racing EZ street coilovers on my 2014 versa. I daily drive this car but I want to set the preload and ride of the coilovers to work for autox. The dampening is easy enough to change on the fly so im not worried about that. Does anyone know of any settings that have worked well for anyone else before I start changing everything?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I run these on my 2017 versa, and i touge the mountains in it. I have the springs set to 1 or 2 inches of preload for a SUPER stiff ride, i have the dampening on max. Paired with good brakes and some federal ss595 215/45R17 on 17×7.5 rims. My car is PLANTED, i keep up perfectly with bmws, corvettes, neon srt4s, subarus, etc... around the twisties. But being a versa they always get me in the straights. Not to worry, i easily catch up to them around the turns. I mean its also the driver and they handle their ride. I have some gopro footage of it that i wanna post soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh nice!! I assumed Megan would set the preload from factory but they didn't so I gave them a call and they told me a cm or two was a good start and that's a lot better but ill probably follow your lead and crank it up some more. What is the offset on you wheels? I considered 17x7.5 or 15x7.5 but didn't know how clearances would play out and didn't know what size rim gave better tire options. Any opinion on that?

·
Registered
12 Posts
You can fit 17s. 7.5 is probably as good as you need any wider and you might need spacers. My rims are +30 offset so theyre not deep dish or anything close. The tire size is 215 45r17 and i had dextero tires from walmart. They didnt rub at all however, the federals i have now rub a little when i turn the wheel all the way. Its not bad because i can slap a quarter inch spacer on and be fine. Such is a trade off for a better tire. Imo, 17s look clean on the car anything smaller looks awkward. Jnc makes some good looking 4 lug 17 inch rims. Eventually i want to move up to 18s and a wider wheel for better looks and handling.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gotcha! I was looking at JNC wheels and Im only seeing 17X*8s that i like do you think by 8s will fit?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts