Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I went to a local muffler shop and got my Megan N1 muffler installed.
I had some time to take pictures today so here they are:

I like the sound of it. It's not really farty sounding or anything, it's actually quite deep :thumb2:

·
Registered
321 Posts
can you post a vid of the sound? It looks good man!

·
Registered
321 Posts
and lol I have the same license plate frame on the back of mine, same color, and debadged too! Except I want a DC cat back on mine though ;)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! and that's cool! haha
Yeah I kind of wanted a DC Catback, but this thing all together was a whole lot cheaper. Plus, I like trying stuff that I haven't really seen others do or put on their cars.

I will post a video soon, maybe tomorrow or Monday. It depends on when most of the people who live around me are gone lol. They seem to complain about the noise I make working on my car :confused:

But, Mondays I don't have class until 2pm, so usually I can do loud stuff because no one is around, which means it should be a good day to video the sound!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Me driving so you guys can hear the muffler some.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
sounds good almost sounds like the dc

·
Registered
321 Posts
Yeah I know people have done the cutback but I love the way it sounds. Plus it's a cat-back so it definitely helps the versa breathe easier plus few but dyne-able gains :)

One day you should try to remove the silencer just to see what kind of growl it'll give you, as I am curious as well! And forget your easily disturbed neighbors, they're just jealous they can't get the mileage our V's can and still sound good ;)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One day you should try to remove the silencer just to see what kind of growl it'll give you, as I am curious as well! And forget your easily disturbed neighbors, they're just jealous they can't get the mileage our V's can and still sound good ;)
Yeah but I have a homeowners association in my neighborhood, and when people complain I risk being fined. :mad:

It is very annoying because they are so strict about everything. But Monday I will make a few videos, including some without the silencer.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I will never live in a place with a HOA because I just know me and them would not get along
:)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Yeah they can be a pain. But I'm sure for 1 day they can't be all up in your case about it.. Then again I wouldn't know since I don't live with a HOA around. Thank God

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I couldn't film the videos today, my neighbors were home working outside....
Yeah I can get fined for one complaint haha because there have been a few complaints against my house. And they're all stupid complaints...

On the positive side, I removed the silencer today and drove to college (about 40 minutes away) and it is a lot louder, especially at high RPMs. The silencer doesn't change the the sound at low RPMs it seems just anything above 3000 RPM.
I like it! I don't know how it will go with the girlfriend though lol.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I like it! I don't know how it will go with the girlfriend though lol.
Who cares! lol And about the neighbors, that sucks. Don't do it if you think you'd get fined

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Who cares! lol And about the neighbors, that sucks. Don't do it if you think you'd get fined
Hahaha she just doesn't like 4 cylinder engines lol, she is a mechanics daughter and when we first started dating a couple of years back she knew way more than I did about cars haha. She just gives me a hard time about driving a 4 cylinder car and I give her a hard time about her awful gas mileage lol.

An yeah I won't get fined if they're not at home! They just didn't go to work today.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.