Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. This is my first post since this forum is so informative and pretty much all my questions have already been answered.

I am trying to decide on what type of tint to get for my '11 S hatch. I was thinking of getting a metallic tint but I am worried about interference. Manufacturers claim it might cause issues, but online many say that they got metallic tints and had no issues, some say they did have problems, or it depends on the model of car, etc.

So what I am asking is for those who have gotten metallic tints on their Versa, have you had any issues with GPS or satellite radio? TMPS or anything else?

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Tint shouldn't have to do anything with reception. Why don't you get regular tint though?

·
Registered
444 Posts
I've got metallic tint. The only problem I saw was that my Ipod FM transmitter pretty much stopped working. Other than that no issues I can detect.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I don't like how dye base tints fade and don't want to spend more for a ceramic based tint if it isn't necessary.
Any car tint place worth their salt would lifetime guarantee their tint and the job they did. If the shop your shopping doesn't provide both of these, move along.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got metallic tint. The only problem I saw was that my Ipod FM transmitter pretty much stopped working. Other than that no issues I can detect.
So you are able to get a GPS signal?

·
Registered
444 Posts
As long as it's on or near the dash/windshield. You weren't planning on tinting that too were you?

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
I don't like how dye base tints fade and don't want to spend more for a ceramic based tint if it isn't necessary.
Good point, but like Mogh said, just make sure they have warranty(lifetime warranty at that).

What's ceramic based tint? You said ceramic so I'm guessing it's good but I've never heard of it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good point, but like Mogh said, just make sure they have warranty(lifetime warranty at that).

What's ceramic based tint? You said ceramic so I'm guessing it's good but I've never heard of it.
Its a higher quality tint than metal tints. It is supposed to be clearer than metal based ones, block more UV light, and less likely to interfere with electronics. Its also more exrpensive.

I am just not sure I want to spend more for ceramic if I dont have to.

I just see too many cars here in Memphis with purple windows, even a couple of Versas. Just don't want mine to be one.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I just see too many cars here in Memphis with purple windows, even a couple of Versas. Just don't want mine to be one.
You mean they're not supposed to be purple? I thought that and the yellow fogs are the 80's look:smilielol5:jk
I've never heard of ceramic based shading either, so let us know which way you go. I want to do mine too but I'm feeling cheap. Good thread!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just an update.

Went with a metallic tint, and so far no issues. Just went with 35% since that is what is legal here in TN.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Not bad, that's just about what the regular one is here.

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Wow, thats's quite expensive. Most places down here charge $70-$120...with warranty and NO taxes.

·
Registered
63 Posts
$75 for me, no warranty, taxes extra i think.

·
Registered
444 Posts
The ceramic tinting is more expensive. There are many more layers and components to the actual tint. A regular tint job here costs about $175. The ceramic will run you $250 all day.
He actually got a pretty good price, assuming there's a warranty.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts