1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
I been reading about this since last night. I like the micra and I'm glad it's back. Even though I can't get it here in the states. Supposedly the canada models will come with heated mirrors and some other Canadian only goodies. Also heard coming with the hr16de which would make it the highest displacement micra available in the world.

I wish they would bring the Nismo S version with the 116hp 1.5l engine. Now I bet that is a fun car to toss around. Plus has a kick ass interior. Info here 2013 Nissan March Nismo and Nismo S announced

·
Registered
639 Posts
would love to have the micra available here in the states as well, but at least i can tell myself that i have something based off of the micra platform for now lol

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2015 Micra price update

2015 Nissan Micra To Start At $9,998 In Canada - Autos.ca

Any new car sold in Canada under $10k [not including end of year clearout incentives] sure grabs my attention

Also "Those buying the Micra will also have access to a parts interchangeability program very similar to that used by the Scion brand."

I'll take mine with no options except A/C and rear spoiler, then throw my 17s on.

Nothing mentioned yet about options list for $9998

·
Registered
408 Posts
Yes will be definately worth a look in a couple of years after they've worked out the kinks and some aftermarket base is created.

I've still got a good 3-4 years on my V.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
I would probably buy one of these if I was able to get it into the US. It has more character than my Versa. Same engine but is 400lbs lighter. Should make it quite a bit peppier. Plus I would love to own a car not available in the US. Something about being the only one makes it all the more appealing to me.

I like the SR version but even the normal version with the customized mirrors, handles, and stripes looks good. Sorta mini or fiat kind of way.

I think this image shows the SR version with the additional customizations. I absolutely love it. I want one.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Heading to the Auto Show tonight in Toronto.

I will snap pics of the Micra and post them up for you Rob.
It will be interesting to see the size comparison in real life :)

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Drove by dealership with a Micra outside this morning. Had hubcaps so it might be base model w stick. Will check it out when I go that way again.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
I have been looking around over on the micra forums. I have seen some pics of the base model. It is the cheapest of the cheap. Makes my 09 1.6 look like a lexus LOL. But I still love the little cars and wish I could buy one. I did notice after the crazy destination fee and whatever else that these cheap cars aren't really that cheap. I priced one out the way I would want it and I think it came to like $16k!

I should add that the SR model does look much better. Also just a few quick touches and part swaps from the NOTE and I think the micra would be perfect.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just found an SV manual on autotrader.ca $15k and change plus tx etc
Edit Ontario

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Today people were able to post up reviews of the micra. There are several out there already. Most are pretty positive actually. Funny thing is no one complained of down on power that I read. While several have actually called it spunky. I guess the 100lb weight savings from a note does wonders for the HR16DE. Though I am still shocked that this micra is listed as a 2300lb curb weight.

I am guessing many that reviewed the Note were driving the CVT. CVT's always feel like the vehicle is dragging an anchor.

I am very jealous of you Canadians. I would have a micra on order right now if it were available in the US. It would be bye bye Versa and hello Micra. And I would mod the crap out of it too LOL.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Today people were able to post up reviews of the micra. There are several out there already. Most are pretty positive actually. Funny thing is no one complained of down on power that I read. While several have actually called it spunky. I guess the 100lb weight savings from a note does wonders for the HR16DE. Though I am still shocked that this micra is listed as a 2300lb curb weight.

I am guessing many that reviewed the Note were driving the CVT. CVT's always feel like the vehicle is dragging an anchor.

I am very jealous of you Canadians. I would have a micra on order right now if it were available in the US. It would be bye bye Versa and hello Micra. And I would mod the crap out of it too LOL.

i'll have to let you drive my Note someday after im done modding it and then see what you think of the CVT in the Note :D

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
What's really crazy is Nissan didn't put CVT s in them, they're 4sp autos!
Also looks like can't get manual and air together, so far according to website www.nissan.ca
This is confusing

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
i'll have to let you drive my Note someday after im done modding it and then see what you think of the CVT in the Note :D
So far I have driven a sentra, rogue and altima coupe with CVT. I am in no way a cvt basher. They serve their purpose. But all felt the same, sluggish and slow to respond me. The sentra with smaller engine being the worst. Nissan should ad paddle shifters to the cvt. I think that would help.

What's really crazy is Nissan didn't put CVT s in them, they're 4sp autos!
Also looks like can't get manual and air together, so far according to website Nissan Canada
This is confusing
What is even crazier is everyone is praising nissan for using a 4at and are saying it fits the car well. I configured an sv manual that had ac the other day. Not sure if that changed.

·
Registered
639 Posts
So far I have driven a sentra, rogue and altima coupe with CVT. I am in no way a cvt basher. They serve their purpose. But all felt the same, sluggish and slow to respond me. The sentra with smaller engine being the worst. Nissan should ad paddle shifters to the cvt. I think that would help.

What is even crazier is everyone is praising nissan for using a 4at and are saying it fits the car well. I configured an sv manual that had ac the other day. Not sure if that changed.

Not saying you are, just saying that you will be surprised at how quickly the CVT in the Note responds to inputs and it's a very far cry from the sluggish unit in the Altima as i had to use an 2011 Altima as a rental car for a week and i know what you are talking about as far as a bad CVT goes cause the unit in the altima felt like a slug trying to get it up to speed....the CVT in the Note, however....light years better in every way

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
An SV manual would be good news, rescuing the Micra from fail status IMO. The pdf spec sheet download isn't clear indicating an SV manual.
I need to compare more cvts. My only experience is our old 09 Alty 2.5 S CVT. It was adequate. Could quickly select simulated fourth gear if required. Throttle/pedal response and calibration should've been sharper though.
I think electronic throttle calibration accounts for some variation in seat of the pants spunky factor. I remember late eighties and nineties GM fwd v6s would repeatedly jump and squawk off the line, but didn't seen to have the lungs to really scream after one full second accelerating...except the 3800, good engine tranny combo.
I'm curious if the Note CVT with new additional planetary gear set helps launch it better.
And the same with Micra 4at.
And is it easily confused merging on highway, where often I accelerate/decel/accel etc? That's when I find manual or selectable CVT handiest.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
6 Participants
08versailles
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing