Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi THere,

I have been getting P0301 (cylinder 1 misfire) occasionally, but after resetting the code it goes away for a few months.

The dealer suggested replacing the coil (considering the engine itself is a new long block, with new plugs, injectors, etc), which I did.

Now, monitoring OBD mode $06, I can see that I still have misfires on cylinder 1 (example, last trip of 20km had 122 misfires).

Everything seems to point to a harness problem, so I will try to disconnect the ECM, run some contact cleaner, and see if it improves / fixes the problem. Any other ideas / suggestions?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
While for post on my current trouble codes, (P0301 & P0300 & P0014) I came across this post. Did cleaning the contacts resolve your issue. Any feedback etc...?

Hi THere,

I have been getting P0301 (cylinder 1 misfire) occasionally, but after resetting the code it goes away for a few months.

The dealer suggested replacing the coil (considering the engine itself is a new long block, with new plugs, injectors, etc), which I did.

Now, monitoring OBD mode $06, I can see that I still have misfires on cylinder 1 (example, last trip of 20km had 122 misfires).

Everything seems to point to a harness problem, so I will try to disconnect the ECM, run some contact cleaner, and see if it improves / fixes the problem. Any other ideas / suggestions?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is an update, since I left this thread unanswered. I switched plugs and coils around, but the issue stayed on CYL #1. Then I pulled injectors, and #1 was clearly damaged (likely by the dealer when they replaced the whole engine). I was not able to get them to pay for it, so I just put in a new injector, and things were good for 60k or so, until my fake spark plugs started a new misfire (but that's a story for another thread).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts