Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Produced since 2006, the fourth generation Mitsubishi Eclipse is nearing the end of its career and to mark the occasion, the Japanese manufacturer has announced a final special edition for the Coupe and Spyder models.

As Mitsubishi will cease production of the Eclipse after the upcoming 2012 model year without offering a replacement model, the SE Special Edition is the manufacturer's way of saying goodbye to a model series produced since 1989.

All Eclipse trim levels (GS, GS Sport and GT) will be available as SE Special Edition versions which includes “SE” side decals, black side mirrors and 18-inch dark finish alloy wheels, along with the high-end standard features available on the Eclipse GS Sport versions of both the coupe and convertible models.

Standard equipment includes leather upholstery with heated front seats and a power-adjustable driver's seat, rearview camera, Bluetooth hands-free phone access, heated side mirrors and a 9-speaker, 650-watt Rockford Fosgate audio system with SIRIUS satellite radio. The coupe version also includes a sunroof.

The Eclipse SE Special Edition will be available with two engine options: a naturally-aspirated 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine that produces 162-horsepower (in the GS/GS Sport models) or a 265-horsepower 3.8-liter V6 engine (for the GT model). The latter is mated to a 5-speed Sportronic automatic transmission that allows the driver to manually select gearshifts when desired. GT-based SE models also get an automatic climate control system.

Prices have not yet been announced.

By Dan Mihalascu

Last Stand: Mitsubishi Sends Off Eclipse with 2012 SE Special Edition Series - Carscoop

·
Registered
132 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
About time they got rid of these... even from this current ones introduction it received nothing but bad reviews. I know I hated every second of driving one. It worked fine as basic a to b transportation, but just simply did not live up to its claims of sporty.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I do like the older models much better this one was at least better looking than the previous gen. Wish Mitsubishi would come back with some new ideas. I miss the cool cars of the 90's

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I think the best year for the Mitsubishi Eclipse was the mid and late 90s

then they really got a lot attention after the first Fast&the Furious

I remember going to a car show in pigeon Forge, TN called Mini Nats, and I remember seens lots Mitsubish Eclipse with the fast&theFurious theme
they had sound competition, car show competition, bikini contest, and there's 1/8 mile drag race at 411 speedway.

I guess Mitsubishi will move on with other models

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
It'll be interesting to see if they replace it with a new sport-coupe. Maybe something a little more sporty/powerful this time.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I miss the gsx, too bad they wont make another one, awd turbo eclipse would be a great way to send it off.

·
Registered
330 Posts
..........there was no good year for this renegade. Timing chain problems and crappy construction. This horish beast shuda been gone a long time ago.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I miss the gsx, too bad they wont make another one, awd turbo eclipse would be a great way to send it off.
In deed it would be, my IT guy at work has one and oh man is that thing sweet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts