Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have been working on this project secretly with an engineer at Nissan USA that provided me with specifications for several JDM/USDM/EUDM model Including Renault crossovers.

I'm not going to go into the details but by combining parts from 2 Japanese cars and one french one I was able to make a parts bin coil-over kit for the MKII Here is the first one installed!

THE WAIT IS OVER!!! anyone who knows my work with Kei office, Tein, Cusco, etc, etc, knows I don't cut corners. but my engineering time has been spent keeping my family fed for the past couple years. but I did this for myself and figured Might as well spread the love.

email me [email protected] (I don't come here often) if you are intrested.

Peace,
JL

PS> on one day of feeling really Geeky I scoured the NISMO catalog, and while it's pricey there are Genuine NISMO shocks that will bolt to the MKII Versa. but they are Not worth the money.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thats clean. How low is it?
Right now It's -3.25 all around, The coil-overs will physically allow another 2~" of lowering but the front control arms are nearly beyond the point of loosing dynamic camber.

That brings in "Phase 2" since not only lowering a car is my goal but keeping a proper camber curve.. so I need to get on the mill and make some ball joint spacers. so under compression (what little there is with 500# springs) the tires will camber in correctly.

I'm currently running 205/40-17 tires, (off a MINI we had lying around) so there is another 1/2" that the tires lower the car. they are nearly 1" OD smaller then factory. so total drop is as much as matters 4" the MKII versa is a monster truck in factory trim.

<EDIT> This is on a 2012 S versa. (the worst example) Nissan did update the springs and shocks for the 2013 1/2 + and I would not be surprised if they lowered it a bit to start. every owner complained about the sub par handling which Nissan addressed, plus the S car is 250# lighter then the SV or like higher equipped models (but shared the same suspension)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats cool. I love the height. Do you have any more plans for it?
Funny you asked, yes! One lap of america. 2014

http://www.onelapofamerica.com/

I will be looking for a couple drivers to take the trip with me,
as we are campaigning "the cheapest car in america, vs. the hardest race in america" (the Versa is still the cheapest car in the USA)

(I scored 2nd place in 2007 with the 2006 sentra I built, with no support)

I really need someone to set up the fundanything.com account since I am website "challenged" and with Nissan's (even unofficial) "backing" there is no reason the car cannot dominate the Economy car class.

JL

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Good job!

I think you should stick with the nissan appointed chassis codes to not confuse anyone. The MKII thing might also confuse some VW enthusiests.

The new sentra is the b17 the new versa sedan is an N17. The new note is an E12 and the old Versa's are C11. I didn't make these up they are the actual chassis codes used by nissan and is reflected when purchasing parts. You can call your stuff anything you want but figured using the actual codes might be easier and not cause confusion.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good job!

I think you should stick with the nissan appointed chassis codes to not confuse anyone. The MKII thing might also confuse some VW enthusiests.

The new sentra is the b17 the new versa sedan is an N17. The new note is an E12 and the old Versa's are C11. I didn't make these up they are the actual chassis codes used by nissan and is reflected when purchasing parts. You can call your stuff anything you want but figured using the actual codes might be easier and not cause confusion.
Okay Thank you!, Because I looked it up and it was L02B which makes no sense in the Nissan Naming Convention. it sounds too much like L20B and for someone who has been around since they were called datsuns, that's an engine code.

I tried to change the title of the thread to reflect your correction but I think we need a Mod to do that.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Yeah the l02b was the code name before production. They always have those code names for some reason. It's all very confusing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
If those are Drag dr-33's we have the same rims haha only mine are 18's with 215/40r18 tires. Drop looks good, I can really picture my car like this haha.
No these are Genuine Enkei EDR-9 heavy but strong.

Yeah the l02b was the code name before production. They always have those code names for some reason. It's all very confusing.
That, and where The Chassis ID plate should be (passenger side strut tower) there is just 2 holes for the rivets but no plate I guess in the Mexican factory these are not required.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Nissan stopped the cool stamped steel vin plates. There is now just a sticker on the driver side door jam and it doesn't include the chassis code anymore. They looked like this if anyone was curious what we are talking about.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nissan stopped the cool stamped steel vin plates. There is now just a sticker on the driver side door jam and it doesn't include the chassis code anymore. They looked like this if anyone was curious what we are talking about.
Not in Japan, Not in India. (look on the right strut tower) this is a sunny N17

or the Renault Scala has one too

The N17 is currently being built in I think 5 different factories, being sold worldwide under 3 brand names.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I was just talking about the US. I'm sure they still do it in other countries. My versa doesn't have it neither does the 2012 altima sitting in my driveway. Just some more cost cutting I guess.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.