Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot believe how great this car is on gas. 5.3 litres to 100km. That is 52 mpg! Wow!!!

Do you find yourself getting highway mileage that is that goog? Or is it just me....?

·
Registered
638 Posts
What's your secret? Are you driving a certain way?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually I set the cruise at 65 mph and just kept it there. Even in the city I was getting 33 mpg and my V is new. Imagine what I will get when it is broken in!

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Any traffic at all? I find the stop & go traffic just kills my mileage. And when it's not stop and go, I generally sit in the passing or carpool lane :)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
cvt=low revs on hwy:):woot: and that 1.6 nice for mpgs too:thumb2: When people do 130+ on the 401, say goodbye to great mpgs

·
Registered
63 Posts
Is that what the trip computer says or did you calculate actual when you filled up? The computers are 15-20% optimistic.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The trip computer came out to 54 mpg (Imperial gallon...) I am using my own calculations.

·
Registered
63 Posts
NIce! CVT tranny?
It looks like you found the sweet spot for cruising speed,
I'll give that a try :thumb2:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes - CVT Tranny. BTW - I love the CVT. It was a reason that held me back from buying the car. Then I figured what the f#ck, Nissan backs it uop for a long time. Now I bless the CVT. Great performance and great economy. A nice balance I say.

·
Registered
502 Posts
imperial gallon made this make sense lol. i read this and figured you either A. coasted the entire way to your destination, or B. had someone tow you with the engine on lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
43mpg is about tops for me. Usually on a back country highway with a slight down incline toward destination and no stop signs.

I avg per computer 37-38.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts