Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toyota is sending pedal kits to the dealers. But some insiders say they are really masking a serious problem involving the accelerator unit under the hood. Has nothing to do with a faulty pedal. Man Nissan, now is a good time to POUNCE....

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Toyota is sending pedal kits to the dealers. But some insiders say they are really masking a serious problem involving the accelerator unit under the hood. Has nothing to do with a faulty pedal. Man Nissan, now is a good time to POUNCE....

I hope nissan doesn't try and capitalize on this like GM. GM was making reference to toyota's misfortune and offering people an extra $1k on trade in for their faulty toyotas. People have lost their lives and 2.5 million others are in danger.

I hope nissan takes the high road and just continues doing what they are doing. I am much happier with my decision to get a versa now as the corolla was another choice of mine.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I hope nissan doesn't try and capitalize on this like GM. GM was making reference to toyota's misfortune and offering people an extra $1k on trade in for their faulty toyotas. People have lost their lives and 2.5 million others are in danger.

I hope nissan takes the high road and just continues doing what they are doing. I am much happier with my decision to get a versa now as the corolla was another choice of mine.
I agree! Nissan just needs to keep making quality products and keep their noses out of the news (for bad stuff, like recalls) and it'll all work out for them. I love the new Corolla, but it's so squished inside. My boyfriend's knees were jammed into the dash when we got in one.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
I agree! Nissan just needs to keep making quality products and keep their noses out of the news (for bad stuff, like recalls) and it'll all work out for them. I love the new Corolla, but it's so squished inside. My boyfriend's knees were jammed into the dash when we got in one.
I was in a corrolla and actually test drove one right before test driving the Versa. I couldn't believe the room difference. It was a huge selling point for me. My daughter had trouble in getting in and out of her car seat in anything except a versa.

My girl friends step dad has a huge truck and I always say how I have almost as much room inside as his truck. He laughs at me and thinks I'm joking. The Versa truly is like a clown car. Looks small on the outside but is just so spacious.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Karma is a bitch... Would be in nissans best interest to just stay out of it lol
If I was nissan, I would not mention Toyota's demise but focus on safety and quality.....not mentioning toyota @ all. But I would blitz an off topic campaign right now if i were them......whats nissan's stock quote . Just curious.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Best advice to Nissan is do what they continue to do, making quality cars at a good price. Don't mention anything about Toyota or GM, it will level themselves to their playing field

·
Registered
132 Posts
Toyota is sending pedal kits and other Toyota accessories to the dealers. But some insiders say they are really masking a serious problem involving the accelerator unit under the hood. Has nothing to do with a faulty pedal. Man Nissan, now is a good time to POUNCE....
This post has been in a year ago but seems toyota cars are still having problems now. I was one of the victim buying prius out there. the brake pedals got locked when running on high speed. I am also against the exhaust. seemed it would overheat from time to time....anyway, let's just hope the manufacturer will solve this issue soon.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts

Nissan also was doing this trade in thing too. When my mom trading in a Town and Country for a Sentra, they asked her if she owned a toyota, cause they would give her $1000 more for it. But that was back in September 2010.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts