Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife bought a new kicks. She loves it but i feel it was a little underpowered from the factory especially when they get about 38 highway and sentras are getting 42. It got me thinking about the MR18 to 20 swap on these and the fact one day i'd consider doing a MR16 swap on a 1 gen hatch. I did some digging and i know they run the HR16 which is used in the newer versa as well as the cheaper old models so i thought i'd ask you guys. Does anybody know the real differences in the HR and MR. a MR16 swap in something like that would be pretty cool down the road or even a MR20 would give you a good 30hp boost. The rogue sport has a 2.0 which looks nothing like the old MR so I"m not sure if it's a MR20 or some hybrid HR20 but that engine has the same intake manifold as the kicks and even and boasts 40hp over the kicks. It seems like if the HR could be swapped with a MR in the 1 gen versa i see no reason it cant be done in a newer model. Love to have that rogue sport engine in my kicks :laugh:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts