Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was talking to someone about dream projects and it kinda hit me

Seeing how the Juke shares the same Platform with the Versa
How Hard would it be to transplant the Jukes powertrain into a Versa?

the dream would be to have the Jukes drivablilty and not really the power
(Computer controlled allwheel drive)

but the obvous issue is the underbody
Would any of the underbody be made to fit under the Versa seeing how the Juke a SUV

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
people are going to be trying this. your not the first with the dream. but you could be the first with the reality, try it out. the engine will bold up and the trannys are the same. (just different gearing)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured the innercooler would have to be rerouted anyways

my first concern would be getting the drivetrain to fit, tho getting the motor to fit and work would be a feat all on its own

I know the non base modles use a dash interface that I'm sure won't just Fit inside theversa and will need to be retrofitted to work inside the car if someone was to go that route

Alot of fabwork, but I think it would be worth trying out

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
they share the same platforms, and have the same transmissions. there shouldn't be any fab work. you'd only need to change the ECU id imagine.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If someone manages to get the project started before me
and don't look to me because I, at the moment, don't have the funds to be doing this XD

But if someone does, be one hell of a zippy car

·
Registered
148 Posts
It will bolt up to the Versa without a problem. Turbo won't hit the firewall. You need to do an FMIC (front mount intercooler), ECU tuning, and use the Versa axles (not the Juke's). You may want to add some heat shielding to the firewall or a turbo blanket to reduce the underhood heat.

The MR16DDT, MR18, and MR20 all share the same engine block and transmission casing (6-speed manual trans). The swap is easier than you think, just no one is putting up the money to do it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It will bolt up to the Versa without a problem. Turbo won't hit the firewall. You need to do an FMIC (front mount intercooler), ECU tuning, and use the Versa axles (not the Juke's). You may want to add some heat shielding to the firewall or a turbo blanket to reduce the underhood heat.

The MR16DDT, MR18, and MR20 all share the same engine block and transmission casing (6-speed manual trans). The swap is easier than you think, just no one is putting up the money to do it.
well....thats good to know
from there tho....I wonder if the rest of the drivetrain can be fitted in there to make it an AWD Versa...

·
Registered
656 Posts
well....thats good to know
from there tho....I wonder if the rest of the drivetrain can be fitted in there to make it an AWD Versa...
that would be bad ass! AWD turbo versa, TAKE THAT Sti's and EVO's hahah

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
that would be bad ass! AWD turbo versa, TAKE THAT Sti's and EVO's hahah
Why not just buy the juke and some lowering springs :)

ya, minus a 100+hp
yeah this is true! I think they come in manual transmissions too. As far as I know there isn't an AWD manual transmission for the mr16ddt.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Just sayin it would be alot of fun

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Just sayin it would be alot of fun
I definitely agree. Hatch with AWD, turbo, and manual transmission is right up my alley :thumb2:

·
Registered
452 Posts
if i recall the awd only comes with the cvt transmission no clue what kind of work would have to be done to get the manual to work probably more then its worth... canaan can you comment on this ?

·
Registered
656 Posts
yeah probably alot of work would be involved, but still a FWD turbo versa is good enough for me....kinda makes me want to wait for a wrecked jukes to start showin up rather than be a guinea pig with a turbo....may even be cheaper that way too

1 - 17 of 17 Posts