Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm asking because someone on allsentra found a mr pully for the versa and cube, we want to know if we can use it on a mr20. i know a couple of you have swaps and conversions to a mr20 so please help us out! thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The diameters of the outside pulley and inside shaft port will have to be the same (exact). Cam and valves are set for time with the crank. Changing diameters of either pulley will change how the system is timed.

Use a micrometer to measure both the shaft port and the outside diameter of your pulley. Then measure the MR20 pulley. If they are the same, it should work.

The 1.8 and 2.0 ltr engines may have the volume difference in the heads which is why the Versa and Sentra heads are interchangeable. I HAVE NOT DONE THIS MOD AND CANNOT ENSURE IT WILL WORK. I have but 360 heads directly on a 318 motor (V8s) and it was a direct swap.

Finally, adding a head with more ‘dome’ space might give you less power at low end. These are small engines that need higher revs for the power band. While measuring the pulleys, also measure the 2.0ltr head dome compared to the 1.8. Is it wider¿, or deeper¿, Wider will allow you to use the same spark plug but fuel will have more areas to hide and may not combust completely. Deeper will allow you to use a longer plug that will help with combustion.

Please let me know how it goes.

·
Banned
342 Posts
^ The heads are identical. Along with the cams, timing, intake, exhaust, and basically everything. The only difference between a MR18 and MR20 is piston design and stroke. The oil pumps are different too. Other than that they are THE SAME. Nothing to do with the head

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
we got that about 4 posts ago...lol.
i know, but since ive done the MR20 swap, i thought maybe my post would validate it further.:blue flower:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
so are you interested in another aftermarket lightweight pulley? if we get 20 ppl the price is $80 each :D
naw im good, but thnx and good luck

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Any increased vibrations with the lightweight pulley? Reducing the dampening could affect the engine. Harmonic Balancer
this is why i don't want one. people have claims that it doesn't harm anything, then there are some claims that its bad for the motor etc. Im just a college student so I can't afford for something to go wrong even if the chances are slim.

·
Banned
455 Posts
this is why i don't want one. people have claims that it doesn't harm anything, then there are some claims that its bad for the motor etc. Im just a college student so I can't afford for something to go wrong even if the chances are slim.
So you do relieze what u just said makes no damn since...if this was a concern doing a mr20 swap wouldn't had even taken place...what u gonna do if that motor blow? Take it to nissan with is this covered under warrenty? Engine swapping is probably the biggest risk going n/a.lol just saying. guess what guys if it ain't stock then there will always be a chance of it cause damage. Now according to the people making it atleast on the qr this is not a issue...something bout it being naturally balanced...I don't remeber the right wording and all..steph please correct me if I'm wrong...the people at 2jr know there stuff and test everything before throwing it out...I have it on my spec v as well as many others no issues. Its a very easy modd for quuick power.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
all i have to say is, you guys want a supercharger which uses the crank pulley and everyone is okay with that...do you realize you much more power a supercharger puts out? do you guys even know how a supercharger works? and you guys complain because you think a lightweight pulley is going to blow the engine??

i literally laughed when i read that, sry. any one of you who is gung ho for the supercharger kit but decline a lightweight pulley because it's "dangerous" needs to learn a little bit about cars. there are plenty of b15 and b16 sentras that use lightweight pulleys with no issue.

and like i said before, if you want more info on the harmonic dampening or any other specs, you can e-mail 2jr or join up on allsentra and reply in the thread i posted above.

·
Banned
455 Posts
And trust me a bunch of people had the same feeling and 2jr was able to answer the question. This is basically trying to get a group buy set up! Its a reliable company and is cheaper then pullys we found for u guys.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
How much lighter is the pulley y'all are talking about NST makes one thats "70% lighter than stock" (there words from a site selling them) for $125 but if this one y'all are talking about is so much cheaper is it as light? I have been looking at this as a possible mod.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
So you do relieze what u just said makes no damn since...if this was a concern doing a mr20 swap wouldn't had even taken place...what u gonna do if that motor blow? Take it to nissan with is this covered under warrenty? Engine swapping is probably the biggest risk going n/a.lol just saying. guess what guys if it ain't stock then there will always be a chance of it cause damage. Now according to the people making it atleast on the qr this is not a issue...something bout it being naturally balanced...I don't remeber the right wording and all..steph please correct me if I'm wrong...the people at 2jr know there stuff and test everything before throwing it out...I have it on my spec v as well as many others no issues. Its a very easy modd for quuick power.
haha bro calm down. What i said makes more sense than your first 2 sentences, your grammar is off. but aside from that, why would i take my mr20 to nissan? If i blew the mr20 in my versa I would just buy a another mr20, i got mine for $850 24k miles 2008 at a junk yard. and there is no risk with the mr20, no ecu change, tranny change or anything, its just a straight swap.

if u want a pulley go for it, i just don't want one. thats not hard to understand. Me not wanting one doesn't infringe on you getting one. All i said was the mr20 and mr18 pulleys are the same. On a side note, NST already has pulley so if you don't manage to get enough people to join for this group buy there's already a great one out there.:thumb2:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.