Nissan Versa Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Here's the info from Nissan about the CVT extended warranty. All 2003-2010 vehicles equipped with CVT have a 10 year/120,000mile (200,000km) warranty.

Nissan Owners | Warranty FAQ | Nissan USA
Thats for the CVT itself, not the engine.

Every Nissan is backed by a 36-month/36,000-mile limited vehicle coverage and a 5-year/60,000-mile limited powertrain coverage. 2003-2010 Vehicles equipped with a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) also have a 10-year /120,000 mile CVT limited warranty extension. (For complete information, see your Nissan dealer and read the actual limited warranty.) For extra protection, you can also add Security+Plus®, the only extended service agreement approved by Nissan.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Awesome!!!

Is it easier to swap an engine into a MT versa? what are the major differences and what if you cant find a MT MR20?
I cant imagine a manual transmission being much easier then the cvt. The transmission has only a couple connection. If you can't find a manual trans MR20 then you will need to remove the flexplate and put on the flywheel from your engine. Other then that, should be all the same. The manual trans may be smaller, so clearance may be better. The CVT just seems big.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks for post. Swapping motors from to MR20 pretty cool stuff. I hope my engine last a long time. I change the oil and filter about every 5-6k. Makes me wonder if I should get an extended warranty on my car.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
now time for an MR20SC!! can't wait
If we were going by nissan's engine codes, it would be an MR20DER.

And I would definitely put that badge on my car ;)

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Also, I don't think you mentioned how much you paid for your mr20? There's a warehouse less than 50 miles from me that has several mr20s listed for around $1200. Just wondering what you paid.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts