Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing the swap soon with tax money, also will have enough to buy Bob's lightweight aluminum flywheel. For those that have done it, what were some indirect/unanticipated costs. I know there are plenty of wear items that may or may not need to be replaced. I have a 6 speed so i know the CSC (concentric slave cylinder) will need to be replaced, even if you could reuse it i would do it because of my mileage, seeing as it not only pushes the diaphragm, but also forms/incorporates the throwout bearing, which is another definite wear item ESPECIALLY at my mileage.

I'm actually surprised i haven't had any clutch system issues apart from replacing my master cylinder.

I'm going for a low mileage early MR20 motor, plentiful out here.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Very nice, I'll be keeping an eye on the swap

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, i'm sick of everyone laughing at Versa's. Hopefully with the weight shed, and the overall combination of mods, it will be a bit of a sleeper. Then rear mount turbo when i get more money.

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Yeah, i'm sick of everyone laughing at Versa's. Hopefully with the weight shed, and the overall combination of mods, it will be a bit of a sleeper. Then rear mount turbo when i get more money.
I like your future plans. Unlike you, I have the 1.6 motor so its going to take me more work to get there, but Im getting there safe and sound.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Honda motors may have better overall engineering (tilting the scale towards HP rather than overall driveability), but i like Nissan.

Reactions: JoshG
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.