Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I just bought a beautiful 08 versa and changed tires.

Today I noticed a rattling noise around muffler, and went to muffler shop to have them take a look whether it's my heat shield losing.

They just took off my heat shield around the pipe (down driver's seat) and muffler.

I really love my car, and don't want to go with no this. I have look around for these parts, have anybody have an idea of these shields?

I'd still love to install them if possible!

·
Registered
85 Posts
The heat shields are held on with small 2 cent metal clips. Buy a hand full of them from whatever supplier or dealership you choose and have it reinstalled. You can do it yourself if you saved the heat shield or go back and have the shop reinstall it. The metal clips are nothing but folded metal and fall off easily so you might have to check on them during routine maintenance.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I rip those off of every car I've owned when they start making noise. I never look back and say good riddance.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Last one i had rattle i secured with large cable tie. keep away from hot pipe of course

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
I rip those off of every car I've owned when they start making noise. I never look back and say good riddance.
I've also removed mine from my old car when they started making noise. Never had any issues with them off so you should be ok without them..just make sure you don't park in super tall grass or leaves lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.