Nissan Versa Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
i'm thinkin its an appleskull and cross bones.... and a non i pod. but i habe really no idea as i have neither an i pod, or even a camera phone

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
LOL ... So he's against Apple?

Haha ... That's okay. Not everyone likes the same things.

I am an Apple-a-holic :D Love my Mac and all my other Apple goodies.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
apple ftw ha
i love apple, i edit all my video footage off my imac, beautiful computer, runs like the day i got it over a year ago. if it was a pc it would have already crashed on me.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why do so many people hate Apple?
case, anndd point.

lol

Why do so many apple fans not even know why they love apple??

I can, however, agree with Tango to a certain extent. Its the only thing I can really agree with when it comes to apple products is their software.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
The reason I love my Mac is because after having her for over a year, I have had NO problems. W/ my two previous PC laptops, they were crashing and freezing before the year mark. My MAC so far is amazing. And my ipod, is over 2 years old, I leave it in the car all the time, and it always works when I turn it on.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hate:

-"arrogant" apple fans
-apple marketing
-apples attitude towards others

Apple doesn't:

-allow open development... What if I wanted to build my own super computer? fully equipped with a 2TB hard drive, 6gb of RAM and a quad core 2.1ghz processor? and I wanted to do it with MAC!! ...ohhh, cant do it. ohhh, but I can build one on apple.com and pay close to 6k

---"oooohh but apple hand picks all their products and parts to make sure you get the best product possible!!"
---) OHHH BUT I CAN HAND PICK MY OOWWNN hard drive and processor and video card and dvd drives ane monitors from various websites such as newegg.com and slickdeals.net to ensure I make the best computer possible for nearly 1/4 of the cost!! :) :)

-give you ownership of ANY music you buy off of itunes (unless its itunes+, which costs extra..and not everything is available on itunes+)

-tell you ANYTHING bout the company..so if you were to be in the market for a new computer, and ask the sales rep "so will this computer be worth it? or is Steve Jobs (that son of a bitch) working on something new that will make this computer out to date in 4 months?... the sales rep will tell you something along the lines of "were not allowed to divulge that type of information to the general public"

-have even a DECENT PC gaming selection.

apple CLAIMS:

-to be virus free.
+why not just run anti virus software and KNOW about your computer enough to take care of it properly?

I could really go on and on and on about it. Any time I'm in a conversation about computers I cringe at the thought of someone bringing up a topic on apple. Mainly because I don't know nearly enough to shut people up about it. (but I can definitely hold my old in a conversation/discussion/arguement about PC vs. Mac)

·
Registered
927 Posts
lol @ mrogers lol i agree :p

Funny story i think :p - I was doing my weekend drill at longbeach clinic and I was checking in patients. I pulled out my phone to check my message then this guy asked me "is that an Iphone" I replied "No, Its samsung eter" He interrupted abruptly and said "Don't talk to me if you don't have an Iphone" so as a good health care tech i replied "with all do respect you're the one who asked me and prompted me for a response" then the rest of the patients laughed then I walked away with my patient...
:p yeah new gen of A/V is out its called G-Data google it combine it with Comodo Firewall and you are set :p or just get norton 360 I heard it does wonders :p I've been virus free and trouble free from the day WIN7 is released :p

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Well everyone has their tastes and opinions right?

I am not arrogant, nor do I give attitude to non-Apple users.

I just happen to like their products. I don't care for building my own computer, so to me my Mac is perfect. It suits my needs to a tee. And after one year of ownership I have never had her freeze, or 'claim' to have a virus.

You like PC.

I like Mac.

·
Registered
622 Posts
This is an on going battle that will never end.

I know a lot about Apple/Mac and back in the day if they wouldn't have came out with the iPod they would have went out of business. Their computers SUCKED (iMacs and eMacs) Mac OS 9 was terrible and slow. They had like 3 different CEOs who each wanted to do something different with the company and one of them even wanted to just sell the company.

They hired Steve Jobs back on and he came up with the iPod. Than started worked on the new line of Macs and Macbooks with Mac OS X (10). With those products being released they got HUGE.

I work at a warehouse where we sell generally just iPhone and Mac accessories which is cool cause I get crazy discounts lol.

Anyways Mac OS X and the iPhone are crazy technology wise. They made the first touchscreen smart phone. If you are a Mac "fan" than you will notice that Windows 7 and Vista incorporate things from Apple such as the dock, widgets, and even the pinch to zoom on pictures. Also take reference to the iPod which came out and than M$ came out with the Zune.

Apples iTunes is also one of the largest music players/stores out there. This is what Windows Media Player is supposed to be. :p

NOW! I do agree with all of those "Apple/Mac Fans" who are just stupid ignorant and know nothing. Apple is supposed to be "classy" and appeal to "classier people" but the people they target are generally just douche bags who think they are cool cause they have Apple products.

I have tons of Apple products but I dont think I'm "cool" cause I have them.. hell I also have a XBOX (Made by Microsoft), and a Dell Laptop.

Enjoy. :D

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I hate:

-allow open development... What if I wanted to build my own super computer? fully equipped with a 2TB hard drive, 6gb of RAM and a quad core 2.1ghz processor? and I wanted to do it with MAC!! ...ohhh, cant do it. ohhh, but I can build one on apple.com and pay close to 6k

you actually can build your own mac. just piece together a super computer and install the mac operating software on it, its easy my friend has done it

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I hate:

you actually can build your own mac. just piece together a super computer and install the mac operating software on it, its easy my friend has done it
but then its not the illustrious mac!!

dun, dun, dunnnnn... What a pickle! Lol

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
it doesn't matter because you were saying that you couldn't custom build one. and if you were going to customize one then it wouldn't matter if it was the illustrious mac because you can just go get a huge LED/LCD screen and still have the same clarity and peformance of a mac and better.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
it doesn't matter because you were saying that you couldn't custom build one. and if you were going to customize one then it wouldn't matter if it was the illustrious mac because you can just go get a huge LED/LCD screen and still have the same clarity and peformance of a mac and better.
...but then its a PC??

you certainly couldn't take your "home built computer running Mac OSX or leopard" into an apple store and buy an apple warranty or reap the so called benefits of "apple customer service"

thats like building your own car, putting a chevy emblem on it and expecting a 3 year/100k mile warranty. ya kno?

·
Registered
622 Posts
So you can build your own "custom PC" and bring it to Compaq and they will give you a warranty? That doesn't sound right to me, no one is going to give you a warranty on something you build.

Mac OS X is the same thing as Leopard.

Mac OS X:
-Kodiak (beta)
-Cheetah
-Puma
-Jaguar
-Panther
-Tiger
-Leopard
-Snow Leopard

Basically when you buy a Mac you are buying a unique and secure computer. It may not be open source like you want it to be but for you people who want that can just switch to Linux.

For those people who want a stable computer without virus', annoying pop ups, amazing user interface, and security we have Apple/Mac.

For those people who want to be cheap and buy a $300 laptop you can expect virus', annoying pop ups, copy-cat Mac interfaces, and problems.

The only thing Apple lacks is gaming, but who buys a Mac for gaming anyways really?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
33 Replies
11 Participants
Tubtub
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing