Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a well maintained car. The man used it for commuter. So my questions are:

1.Does this S package Versa have a phone charge plug in ? I am not finding it. Ive checked the book. Says nothing about a phone charger. Kind of a bummer for long drives and phone dying.

2. this S package came with only ONE door lock. The drivers side. And to open the Hatch, I need to unlock ALL 4 doors. So this is weird when I am at the grocery store, if i want to put things in the hatch cargo area, I need to go unlock all my doors, then the hatch
will open. Otherwise it will not. I am wondering if Nissan offers any upgrades to their older models such as a free door lock installation on the Hatch, and a free phone charger inside the cabin.

·
Registered
461 Posts
The 12v power plug is on the console to the right of the e-brake handle.
If you have power locks, you need to have the right front unlocked, manual locks, just the left front.
As for key locks, having one is across most all manufacturers, and has been since the late 90's/early 2000's.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you but that power plug port you speak of is not a plug for my phone. I have looked inside. No way to plug in a phone cord. And this year model seems to be the only one that has one door lock. I did call a local Nissan place about the possiblity of getting a second lock put in but no go. So it apparently is something I will have to live with as long as I own this car. Lol. Thank you for your help! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 12v power plug is on the console to the right of the e-brake handle.
If you have power locks, you need to have the right front unlocked, manual locks, just the left front.
As for key locks, having one is across most all manufacturers, and has been since the late 90's/early 2000's.

·
Registered
383 Posts
And this year model seems to be the only one that has one door lock. I did call a local Nissan place about the possiblity of getting a second lock put in but no go. So it apparently is something I will have to live with as long as I own this car. Lol. Thank you for your help! :)
Before I bought my Versa, I did my homework and searched the Versa related forums and reviews. So I found out that some Versas were manufactured with only one door lock. And I would not buy such car. So guess what I checked first before any test drive?

It is advised to execute due diligence before forking over a chunk of coins. Some people may be fine with having only one door lock, or that their expensive CVT is less then reliable and may prematurely kick the basket, but at least they need to get informed before they commit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You didnt read my original post. I bought this car used. From a one owner. I like what I saw, I liked how the engine looked, I liked the great maintenance he did on this vehicle. I was not and am not blown off by the one lock. What I asked was did anyone know if Nissan did a free upgrade on the lack of locks. So the Nissan dealer I spoke to said no, it was not offered. Not really a huge issue with me, I have street rod car building family and I'm not put off by one lock. So what that you researched before you bought? Idc. I was seeking answers to my questions and actually the Nissan dealer did that today. So thanks anyway, and hey...be sure as and pull that stick out your rear end.
Before I bought my Versa, I did my homework and searched the Versa related forums and reviews. So I found out that some Versas were manufactured with only one door lock. And I would not buy such car. So guess what I checked first before any test drive?

It is advised to execute due diligence before forking over a chunk of coins. Some people may be fine with having only one door lock, or that their expensive CVT is less then reliable and may prematurely kick the basket, but at least they need to get informed before they commit.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Actually I did read your original post that you bought this car used. It does not change anything about knowing upfront about what one about to step in.

It was not my intend to belittle you or something, so please do not take offense.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thank you but that power plug port you speak of is not a plug for my phone. I have looked inside. No way to plug in a phone cord. And this year model seems to be the only one that has one door lock. I did call a local Nissan place about the possiblity of getting a second lock put in but no go. So it apparently is something I will have to live with as long as I own this car. Lol. Thank you for your help! :)
1) you can use a 12V plug just like this. This is what I do in mine.

2) you can take your car to the dealership and have the BCM reprogrammed to accept the OEM keyfob.Your BCM should have the "Keyless Entry" setting set to WITHOUT. Must be changed to WITH. Once you did that you can add a keyfob like this one (procedure can be found in this forum) and it will open the hatch without opening all the doors. This is what I do with mine.

DO NOT buy a cheap one form Amazon, look for the OEM keyfob on eBay (or local junkyard might have it) with ID KBRASTU15. The range difference is dramatic with the OEM....with a cheap one you really need to be close.

·
Registered
461 Posts
As I have stated, having one door lock is commonplace amongst MOST ALL automakers, and has been for a number of years.
As for the power ports, the automakers have been using those from the get go, with customers supplying their own adaptors. Seeing as the Versa was the economy car, they only got one power port,
while Sentra and others got 2 or more.
Dedicated phone charging ports have only been commonplace within the last 5 years or so, with the high dollar vehicles getting it first.

·
Registered
461 Posts
DOH! Why didn't I think of this earlier. You CAN add a second lock to your car. You will have to order parts from Japan, Austrailia, or UK, as those are right hand drive cars.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually I did read your original post that you bought this car used. It does not change anything about knowing upfront about what one about to step in.

It was not my intend to belittle you or something, so please do not take offense.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You continually harp on this assumption of yours about me. My entire original post was only asking 2 simple questions about this nifty little car I bought. You do not know me. You do know have a clue what went into my searching for a car. Your assumption is baseless. I was raised in a car family. Meaning that was and still is my family business. One of my favorite adventures is pulling parts in junkyards. My ultimate favorite car is the 70s Fairlady Z. You are boring. Probably a kid in your 30s always being snide to others. Pay attention to the questions a person is asking. Dont be a snob. Telling someone like me that I should research a car before I buy is hilarious because I already knew about this car. My questions were pointed at what I thought was a Nissan owners/dealers/company forum. Not a nitwit forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You continually harp on this assumption of yours about me. My entire original post was only asking 2 simple questions about this nifty little car I bought. You do not know me. You do know have a clue what went into my searching for a car. Your assumption is baseless. I was raised in a car family. Meaning that was and still is my family business. One of my favorite adventures is pulling parts in junkyards. My ultimate favorite car is the 70s Fairlady Z. You are boring. Probably a kid in your 30s always being snide to others. Pay attention to the questions a person is asking. Dont be a snob. Telling someone like me that I should research a car before I buy is hilarious because I already knew about this car. My questions were pointed at what I thought was a Nissan owners/dealers/company forum. Not a nitwit forum.
You are a complete troll. For someone that comes from a "Car Family" as you put it. How can you be so dense that you couldn't figure out how to use a 12v adapter for your phone charging cable? This entire thread is filled with your ignorance about cars and your continuously attacking those trying to help you. You are nothing more than a keyboard warrior filled with ignorance. Your questions from the start showed that, and furthermore a kid is not someone whom is in their 30's let alone in their 20's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts