Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to the forum.

I was going to put this in the transmission section as I have a feeling it's related but there didn't seem to be a transmission section. I just bought a 2012 Versa Sadan on Sat, 3rd. It's automatic and on the way to work this morning it stalled out on me at a red light. The damn thing is so quiet that I didn't even realize it until I took my foot off the brake and it started rolling backwards... Any Ideas? Anyone else have this happen? Should I take it back to the dealer?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
idk they seem like a good group up to nissan of chesapeake if not come to hall nissan in va beach welcome to the forum

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
definitely take it to the dealer. Please keep us posted. Did your check engine light come on? A quick thing you can look at before going to the dealer is the intake piping. Make sure it's all secure and attached. I think a few juke owners had loose piping from the dealer which caused a stall.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Another VA member! welcome. Hope you get your V fixed. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Does it have really low idle in park or or a drive gear? Could just be a fluke thing. I wouldn't worry about it unless it started doing it more often. If it makes you feel better bring it to the dealer since it's under warranty. Unless they can reproduce the same problem i'm not sure they will be able to do anything about it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
update

Does it have really low idle in park or or a drive gear? Could just be a fluke thing. I wouldn't worry about it unless it started doing it more often. If it makes you feel better bring it to the dealer since it's under warranty. Unless they can reproduce the same problem i'm not sure they will be able to do anything about it.
Well I alked to my car buddy, and he said that the shifting in a cvt transmission is suposed to be completly smooth. as did the dealer i just talked to. Im having it looked at tomorrow during lunch. So so far no run around great guy up there.

Also when i drive it the car feels like... well when you hear someone that likes to burn a clutch when they take off sounds like that.

between 25 and 30 it bogs down like a manual would when you push in the clutch.

also when im stopped for a few seconds it feels like ive been slightly rear ended like i been kicked in the rear!

Hoping this all gets fixed soon because i still feel its a great car and have been getting just over 40mpg! I love that!!!!!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Even without the CEL on, they may be error codes stored to provide some clues. Independent shop may be able to help you out reading them for cheap or free. Welcome!

·
Registered
18 Posts
It took some time for me to get used to the CVT transmission too. When I test drove the car I automatically told the sales guy that the tranny was slipping, but he then told me that it was normal, going into a very complexed and "practiced" explanation about it (probably because of all the times that he has to explain it during test drives). So far I'm loving it!!! I'm getting around 40 mpg since my commute to work is mostly highway. You'll get used to it...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I guess well bring this back... yesterday my 2012 versa sedan wouldn't start. I tired three times and when and got my husband. He came out and tried while mashing the gas to the floor. After about 15-20 seconds of cranking with the gas pedal down it started to run. Wtf.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
So it sounds like it may be fuel pump related now or the computer isnt telling the pump to send the fuel....... Interesting.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The part you said about feeling like being rear ended sounds like you might have a torque converter issue. It might also explain the stalling at the lights. Might be an issue with the lockup function. They should be able to do a scan and diagnose that.
I just saw the post about the no start condition in the morning. Unless its a coincidental different problem, it might mean a fueling issue.
I would start documenting these incidents with as much detail as you can, the better the description you can provide the techs the better chance of finding the problem in case they can't replicate it or find it in a scan.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
At this point id def take it to nissan again and fight them until they do a complete cgeck of the vehicle. Its a freaking brand new car!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.