Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother is looking for a car. I've had my Versa for almost 3 years now. It's been great to me so I suggested him getting one. He doesn't like the hatch so he'd go for a sedan. I know they have the same 1.6 engine as the 2009-2011 base sedan, which is what I have. We've looked at a couple of 2012+ sedans but thinking about an S sedan(manual is a must). Any issues/recalls to look for? Any input would be greatly appreciated. :thumb2:

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
one guy so far had a bad hr16de in his sedan. But with the amount nissan is selling these and that being the first one I've heard of I'm not doubting the reliability of them yet. Only issues I really have seen with the new V sedans is some fuse the dealer isn't pushing in which cause a bunch of electrical gremlins.

Other then that they seem solid but again they are still fairly new.

I say for a budget car the new V is a solid choice. I personally would cross shop it especially with an accent if he is wanting a sedan.

·
Registered
440 Posts
My problems:

-Tire had a bubble in the sidewall
-Had to replace the whole steering rack and electronic steering assist (17 days at dealership)
-No trunk light was installed (Even tho I had the package that included it)
-Now the heat shield for the catlytic convertor is banging around like crazy.

Bought my 2012 Sedan in October and now has 5k miles on it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey josh, I've had my 2012 sedan since June. I haven't had many problems yet at about 8k mikes rite now with the only one being the heat shield over catalytic broke and was hangin down. Took it up to the dealership the replaced it rite away. Other than that my V has been good to me, great gas mileage even with the AC blasting. My only complaint is for the lack of aftermarket parts for it, but that's expected with a new body style

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've had my '12 sedan for 10,500 miles now and I have hadn't a one problem yet with it and I've gotten a high of 42.5mpg with the CVT so I have no complaints yet but happy hunting!

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the help guys. Updates? Well my brother purchased the white S sedan we tested yesterday. Very happy with the purchase.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Of course he's happy, it's a manual:D Congratulations! Welcome!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Congratulations to your brother, most owner reviews I've read online in automotive sites they are very pleased with the new Versa sedan although the "auto professionals" tend to rag on the poor car. Mine has been fantastic I’ve only put 2500 miles on mine so far, no problem.

Nice simple honest car has all the basics without the excess.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.