Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my Versa. I have been thinking about getting a gas saving car for long long time. There is nothing wrong with my other ride Honda Pilot, which I have 130K miles on it and I have not even replace a light bulb on that thing. It gives me no surprise and average 20mpg. Like most Americans, I drive mostly alone, together with 7000lbs of metal. That doesn't make sense.
As my mom is planning to move in with me after my dad pass away, not the other way around. I need to get a second car. That's why I choose Versa and she can drive my Pilot to pick up my daughters after school, I figure maybe 2~3 miles a day. And I get to driver a new gas saver for 20 miles commute every day.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Welcome! Congrats on the 2012 Versa. Sorry to hear about your Dad. Hope it goes well with Mum. My mother-in-law lives in our Granny apartment, she's awesome!
I'm curious to hear if you cross-shopped the Honda Fit, or anything else. Welcome!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, I thought about Honda Fit and Civic. Then at end, Versa has a price advantage over those two and they are at near end of their product cycle ....
I had two Nissan before, one was 90 Sentra and then a 93 300zx bought used at 96. The 90 Sentra was very reliable, too. Z had lots DIY mods ...

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Welcome. Enjoy your car. I'm betting you get around 35 mpg on your 20 mile commute.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, Btw, I got average 40+mpg on my routes, which is about 80% highway, and I drive 65.
This is a car runs farier on a single gallon of gas than I do. Well, maybe not. I am thinking about running a 50 miler soon.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
the hr16de is an amazingly frugal engine. I'm betting we see a couple conscious drivers hit 50mpg with the new updated 2012 engine. Sad thing is the epa ratings are so low and consumers go by that. Hyundai's accent gets better mpg according to the epa yet every "observed" mpg from online car sites and magazines the versa gets better.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I compare them both, Versa is a narrow car, yet accent is a shorter and lower one. I can live without the space for 5th passenger. If only sits 4, then Versa FEEL more roomy, especial at back seat. That's important to my two princesses.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
almost exact same reason I chose a Versa. I brought my kid and her car seat on all my test drives. Versa was the only one that gave her enough room in the back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
robj80
Nissan Versa Forums
We’re a forum community dedicated to Nissan Versa owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion on performance, troubleshooting, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing