Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
starting things off appropriately lol

my girlfriend is about 5'8", just for reference.

and the kick is good! (and you thought the versa gearing sucked at highways speeds..)

and thats about all for now. this is a bone stock 2000 miata. 1.8L, with 57xxx miles :) i'm currently in the middle of an interview process for a job that will take care of me for life. if this job comes into play, this build will come along rapidly. :auto:

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Since it's an NB, :thumb2: from me! Hope ya get that job, having a crappy job or none at all really :(s.
Wow that's sporty gearing you have there:D!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
08: me too! and yes the gearing is rather sporty lol. i wish i had an extra gear to bring it down a little :/ but it makes for pretty decent acceleration (4.3 rear end :/)

frenchy: DO IT! the lack of four seats is only a problem on occasion (unless you have children), and it is one of the most fun (stock) vehicles i've ever driven. specially for the price and reliability. plus the aftermarket for the miata is absolutely insane. you can find literally anything you want for your car.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the parts group reference! and i love flyin miata. little more expensive than a lot of parts places out there, but seems to be top quality all around. i'm rather fond of their FMII turbo kit. but first things first. Safety>Function>Form. roll bar (or cage, still deciding) is first on the list.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hschlick, i appreciate that lol.
frenchy, if i had piles of money laying around, i'd import a NB coupe. sexiest miata in my opinion. but since i don't, i'll be in the market for a regular hardtop in the near future. (i LOVE the fastbacks, but i just can't seem to justify the cost difference between a regular hardtop and the fastback. it's a little more aero friendly for over double the cost of a factory hardtop.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just to inform everyone, I have finally been offered the position I applied for. Going in to fill out paperwork tomorrow, and I officially start a week from monday. With paychecks, come updates. Let the stockpiling begin ;)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Congrats!

And 15mpg would be pretty optomistic for that jacked super duty... My chevy 3500 gets 9.6mpgs and it doesn't have duals lol.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Wow that's a long wait. Doesn't sound like an average job, congrats!:woot:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts